Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What cattle ear tag supplier do you use?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Coolfresian

Using Cormac for the past 2 years, quality seems great, easy taggers to use and never had empty bvd samples

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Ordered my years supply of tags from mullinahone on 15th of December, they were dispatched today. I will change for next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

As far as I can remember I ordered on a Sunday evening. I filled in the calving date (said my first calves weren't due til late February) so there was no rush and the tags arrived on the following Wednesday. I was mighty impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

whelan2 wrote: »
    Ordered my years supply of tags from mullinahone on 15th of December, they were dispatched today. I will change for next year

I hate tagging . **** of a time job but cormac tagging brought pleasure to a hateful job. I also found cormac staff very polite understanding on the phone . Not cocky and stuck up from mullinahone .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

So, I'm about to order the new tags. I was still working tru the old Mullinahone ones.

Well any change of opinions since? How are other lads and lassies getting on since switching to Cormac? I've 2 good taggers here for the Mullinahone tags, so that's putting me off switching to Cormac. Will I deffo need a new tagger if I switch to Cormac?

Looked at Cormac site and they have this;

Cormac Tagging Proudct Details

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

I'd say nearly all mullinshone tags have fallen off my cows here over last couple years & slowly replaced with Cormac!. I haven't had any issue with Cormacs at all since started using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Moved to Cormac this year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭Base price

We are still using Mullinahone tags and in fairness the quality has improved immensely over the last few years. I've noticed that the majority of dairy cross beef calves that we buy in have Mullinahone tags. I still have to buy in replacement Mullinahone tags for the odd feeder cow that looses one but it's not near a much as it was three/four years ago. Myself and a neighbour share our respective taggers - one has the insert out (for the EID tags) and the other has it in. I recently ordered a few replacement tags on a Sunday night prior to our annual herd test and they arrived in the post the following Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭hopeso

I made the change over to Cormac this year. I wish I did it years ago. I bought a new Cormac tagger. It’s a great job. Takes all tags with no need for swapping pins or pulling out the black bit for the EID tags…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭hopeso

Just after looking at the link to the pin that you posted... It says it will work in your current tagger for the visual tag. It won't work for the Cormac BVD sample tag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭minerleague

Is the comparison between mullinahone and others fair until the other have tags in cows for a number of years? for me hardly ever have to get replacement for dry stock ( factory 30 months ) but will get a couple for cows ( tags in up to 15 years in some cases ) I'm sure also someone could come up with indestructible tag but would cattle rip ears then? As for changing pins only have ~ 30 cows here so not a huge issue ( yellow insert slides out easily after 5 or 6 times anyway ), different for someone with hundreds of cows I suppose 😉

Advertisement