Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gps tracking watch

Options
  • 06-12-2018 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Has anyone any experiences of fitting a tracker watch to a person who suffers from Dementia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

NAHOMTAP wrote: »
    Has anyone any experiences of fitting a tracker watch to a person who suffers from Dementia

No but if you google trackers there are loads available.
    They use a sim card for location of device.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

NAHOMTAP wrote: »

Are you looking for something that you can self monitor or a more professional system. Most of the monitoring ststions offer this through phone apps and other devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 NAHOMTAP

KoolKid wrote: »
    Are you looking for something that you can self monitor or a more professional system. Most of the monitoring ststions offer this through phone apps and other devices.
    Thanks,
    I have been in touch with a private company who claims to provide a very professional device (gps watch) that tracks the person with Dementia but the cost seems very expensive (€400 for the watch + €200 per annum This seems to be a bit beyond the reaches of an OAP.
    I have looked online and the same watch is advertised at £47.00 I am aware that you have to purchase a ‘sim’ card and download an app to make contact with the person but the marginal cost is a bit extravagant
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

NAHOMTAP wrote:
    Thanks, I have been in touch with a private company who claims to provide a very professional device (gps watch) that tracks the person with Dementia but the cost seems very expensive (€400 for the watch + €200 per annum This seems to be a bit beyond the reaches of an OAP. I have looked online and the same watch is advertised at £47.00 I am aware that you have to purchase a ‘sim’ card and download an app to make contact with the person but the marginal cost is a bit extravagant Thanks again

Could you PM me the link to this watch? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Luisboykid

gman2k wrote: »
    Could you PM me the link to this watch? Thanks

You can choose other cost-effective small GPS trackers, as long as it can be well placed on the person being tracked.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Luisboykid

hey, your girlfriend knows that? lol

Advertisement