Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tax Returns

• 06-12-2018 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

As it’s coming to the end of the year I was wondering how do I go about getting my tax returns?
    I work full time so I believe I am owed some sort of tax plus I had a lot of dental work done and I believe I’m owed some money from that too.
    How do I go about getting it all back or when do I do it etc? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Thecairn wrote: »
    As it’s coming to the end of the year I was wondering how do I go about getting my tax returns?
    I work full time so I believe I am owed some sort of tax plus I had a lot of dental work done and I believe I’m owed some money from that too.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/jobs-and-pensions/paye-customers-claiming-a-refund/index.aspx

Working full time does not mean you are entitled to a refund of tax. Normally unless you've be switching jobs repeatedly during a year or may have been emergency taxed for some reason, the tax you piad should be correct.

Claiming tax relief on allowable medical/dental expenses should result in a tax refund if you paid tax in the year the expense was incurred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Thecairn wrote: »

Depends on your employment situation.
    Are you employed by a company (ie do you receive a wage, wage slip)? Or are you self employed?

If you are employed by a company, you should receive a P60 at the end of the tax year (31st December).
    When you receive your P60 from your employer, you need to contact your tax office notifying them of your P60 and your requirement to claim qualifying medical expenses paid by you during the tax year that the P60 applies to.

Not all medical expenses qualify for tax relief.
    https://www.revenue.ie/en/personal-tax-credits-reliefs-and-exemptions/health-and-age/health-expenses/what-are-qualifying-expenses.aspx

You'll need to have receipts proving that you paid the qualifying medical expenses. If everything is in order the tax authorities will issue you with a credit or a refund to the value of the tax credit due.

If you are self employed, on your tax return there is a section to claim tax credits for qualifying medical expenses. Again you're required to have documentary proof that you paid these expenses.

Advertisement