Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan head chef required

Options
  • 24-11-2018 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

Peckish in Ennis are on the hunt for a new chef to cook fully vegan food in a very busy restaurant/café.

Spread the word. PM me for a contact number. I’m trying to help them out by asking around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

I was in Ennis this morning doing some Christmas shopping and I finally got to visit Peckish Vegan Cafe.

My brother works in Ennis and he (very reluctantly) joined me, he is an enthusiastic omnivore so he wasn’t thrilled by my choice of lunch venue.

We both had the Pumpkin and Black-bean soup for Starter. It was delicious and it was the perfect warmup on a cold winter’s day.

I thought I’d burst out laughing at the look on my brother’s face when the server asked if we wanted a child’s portion of soup. (i.e The starter & main course would be very filling and together they can be too much for some people).

For our main course we had the Burrito in Spelt wrap with black beans, brown rice, vegan cheese and potato wedges. Again, this was sooooooooooo tasty. We were absolutely stuffed. (and we completely understood the earlier offer of a child size portion of soup then!)

I’m not sure that my brother will turn vegetarian/vegan anytime soon but he said he was expecting some ‘healthy crap with the taste and consistency of cardboard’ but ended up enjoying one of the tastiest lunches he has had in years.

The cafe itself is nicely decorated. I like the recycled and up-cycled materials they’ve used. The staff were very friendly and attentive and the food was very reasonably priced - Soup €5 and Burrito €9.50.

I look forward to visiting Peckish again in the near future. Thanks for recommending it David (you mentioned it in another thread).

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Great stuff there! Most of their food is excellent - Matteo, the chef who's leaving, has done wonders with it. His 'nightshade' soup (a meal, really) was incredible and I've asked for it to be permanently on the menu.

Combined with a fantastic loose veg. and produce shop, plus the original Meanwell Wholefoods shop, I often think they should just take all my money and feed me!

Advertisement