Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Painting pre finished Architraves

• 18-11-2018 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Looking for some advice.
    I have pre finished white oak doors , frames , architraves etc.
    I am thinking of painting the frames and architraves white, just to brighten up the rooms. I will be leaving the doors as is.
    My question is, how would i go about painting pre finished wood?
    What preperation is needed before any painting is done and also would there be any particular paint that would be best?
    Complete novice here so any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Looking for some advice.
    I have pre finished white oak doors , frames , architraves etc.
    I am thinking of painting the frames and architraves white, just to brighten up the rooms. I will be leaving the doors as is.
    My question is, how would i go about painting pre finished wood?
    What preperation is needed before any painting is done and also would there be any particular paint that would be best?
    Complete novice here so any help much appreciated.

One coat Shellac primer, one coat oil based adhesion primer, qick rub down, one top coat, quick rub down, final top coat

Advertisement