Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BJJ

Options
  • 18-11-2018 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Im not sure if in correct section but here goes.

I have boxed for 17 years. I have over the past 5 6 years flirted with Mixed martial arts. I have been an avid follower for these years without training.

I have made the decision to join a BJJ club. I love everything about the art after watching it.

I want to join a school which is grounded in the basics and has a proven record with beginners. Whatever experience i have of tracking stands me nil here, i am based in Dorset street area.

Can anyone recommend a school to go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Og81 wrote: »
    Im not sure if in correct section but here goes.

I have boxed for 17 years. I have over the past 5 6 years flirted with Mixed martial arts. I have been an avid follower for these years without training.

I have made the decision to join a BJJ club. I love everything about the art after watching it.

I want to join a school which is grounded in the basics and has a proven record with beginners. Whatever experience i have of tracking stands me nil here, i am based in Dorset street area.

Can anyone recommend a school to go.

Jorge Santos on Parnell St is probably your closest location. You also have 10th Planet in Fairview if you wanted to travel a little further. Both very good BJJ studios.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Og81

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Jorge Santos on Parnell St is probably your closest location. You also have 10th Planet in Fairview if you wanted to travel a little further. Both very good BJJ studios.

I have booked in for a class in JSBJJ tomorrow on me lunch break. Didnt know 10th planet was in fairview. Cheers wheelo.

Went to JSBJJ today for an Intro close. Guy who was teaching me was really good and PATIENT. Bjj is tough hahah from how to fall to realising to follow each technique to the letter.

Really enjoyed it though and will be back for a class tonight. Im hoping im not embarrassing joining in with a proper class, But am quite eager to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Good job talking the first step.
    There's nothing wrong with 10thPlanet percse, but it wouldn't be considered "fundamentals" imo.

This thread might also interest you
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057558818

Mellor wrote: »
    Good job talking the first step.
    There's nothing wrong with 10thPlanet percse, but it wouldn't be considered "fundamentals" imo.

This thread might also interest you
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057558818

I have won 2 all irelands boxing and BJJ basics were harder to grasp then an international box cup.

Have every intention in sticking with it as I do a bit of Muay Thai at moment too. Just really wanna mix the styles a little bit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Og81 wrote: »
    I have won 2 all irelands boxing and BJJ basics were harder to grasp then an international box cup.

Have every intention in sticking with it as I do a bit of Muay Thai at moment too. Just really wanna mix the styles a little bit.

There's always a stream of new people coming into BJJ, and everyone feels like they're struggling with it... Good luck and enjoy!

Advertisement