Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kickboxing equipment

Options
  • 19-10-2018 7:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    ive been kickboxing for about a year now after bringing my kids for the last 3-4 years. Really enjoying it, but we have begun sparring during train and I am constantly borrowing gear/kit. Im looking to know where would be the best place to get a set of sparing gear (Head gear/ gloves/ foot gear/ shin pads). Also, seeing as though its generally for once a week sparring at training, im mid 40's do cant really imagine I will start competing :o , what ball park budget should I be spending? As im seeing headgear range from 20-30 euro right up to in excess of 150 euro...
    Any and all advice welcome...
    Also any tips for on work I could be doing outside of training as I have a heavy bag in the shed.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭cletus

Speak to your coach, as clubs will often have deals struck with suppliers/shops that can reduce the cost. Also, he or she will be in the best position to clarify the type of gear you need depending on the level of contact etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

And you can still compete in your 40's.

My back ground is kickboxing, but haven't trained in over 15 yrs but I've a lot of injuries from Judo and at 52 I'm considering retiring from Judo and going back to kickboxing and if I do I fully expect I'll be competing again.

Advertisement