Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Edge 520 "Plus"

Options
  • 03-10-2018 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone on here have a Garmin Edge 520 Plus?
    https://buy.garmin.com/en-IE/GB/p/623539

It's the newer version of the 520 that was released earlier this year. I'm thinking of getting it but wouldn't mind hearing feedback from some Boardsies first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Anyone have the 520 Plus? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Gerry

It seems like a decent step up from the 520 actually - it seems to have proper turn by turn navigation for a start which was always a letdown on the 520. Would be good to get more feedback from more folks on here

Don't know if you've seen this review - DC rainmaker knows his stuff

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2018/04/hands-on-garmin-edge-520-plus-with-mapping.html/amp

Gerry wrote: »
    It seems like a decent step up from the 520 actually - it seems to have proper turn by turn navigation for a start which was always a letdown on the 520. Would be good to get more feedback from more folks on here

Don't know if you've seen this review - DC rainmaker knows his stuff

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2018/04/hands-on-garmin-edge-520-plus-with-mapping.html/amp

Thanks for the reply Gerry. Yeah it seems like a great improvement on the original 520.

I've read DC Rainmaker's review. Unfortunately he had a pre-release buggy unit for that 'hands-on' review. I wish he would do a full review now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭Macy0161

No direct experience, but I went Elemnt Bolt over the 520 Plus after reading there was no improvement in claimed battery life (and the apparent real world battery life v claimed issues on the standard 520).

fwiw the bolt was still showing 37% after the dying cow, where I had turn by turn on, and power meter, HRM and speed sensor connected for just under 9hours total time (just under 8 hours ride time).

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Shoco83

I got one of these recently, GC is telling me there is a map update v 2018.20.

Has anyone downloaded it or is there any need to? reason I ask is that file is over 7Gb in size

• Advertisement

Shoco83 wrote: »
    I got one of these recently, GC is telling me there is a map update v 2018.20.

Has anyone downloaded it or is there any need to? reason I ask is that file is over 7Gb in size

I'll check mine in a few minutes

EDIT: yep 7.16 GB update. Not sure what the changes are

Advertisement