Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BT Sports coverage of UFC

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Still not a clarity what is gonna happen come Jan it seems... UFC how to watch section is staying out of it for all future events atm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Am happy to subscribe to Eleven Sports if they have all the events going forward, especially for the price. If they split the numbered events from the Fight Nights on two different services I'll have to stream, as two separate subscriptions would be too much to justify.

Would be good to get clarity on what will be happening. The fact that most Sport Rights are sold as UK and Ireland together, but BT have shown no interest in entering into the Irish market, it seems like it still could go anywhere.

I mean Virgin/TV3 currently have extended highlights of all the events currently, which is a good way to catch up with fights not worth staying up live for.

1 contract good, 2 contracts bad....

I am sick of the distribution of sports the way its going, sky sports is gone to the dogs, BT not worthy of price come Jan, If Eleven have all events great sign me up however agree with above split is a disaster. People laughing at me for not having a dodgy box.

Would like to see some irish provider get Bellator not sure why we need to be tied to UK on fringe sports like this, there is a market for people to watch these events live in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,020 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Cancelled Eleven Sports for the moment. Nothing on there really but Spanish football replays that I've no interest in. Have had it for 3 months and watched maybe an hour. Ill stream the few games I want to watch via alternatives methods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

timed it perfectly. Eirsports cancelled from Jan 2nd so ill get the last two UFC's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Delighted I can just spend my phone credit on Eleven Sports. Essentially getting it for free as a PAYG Three customer due to the fact you can keep your credit as part of the €20 top up deal. Bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Still no word on Chromecast support? I really don't want to have to break out the laptop and HDMI cable FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

Delighted I can just spend my phone credit on Eleven Sports. Essentially getting it for free as a PAYG Three customer due to the fact you can keep your credit as part of the €20 top up deal. Bargain.

Doing the same myself, think you can use your credit on Fight Pass too

So what happens now folks

Can i pay for fight pass monthly and all the PPV's etc are included in that?

Eleven only has some of the PPV's right and not the fight nights?

• Advertisement

PPVs aren't included with Fight Pass. Eleven Sports has the rights to all 42 live events in 2019, we just dont know if they'll charge for some of the PPVs or not

http://uk.ufc.com/news/Eleven-Sports-to-Become-the-Home-of-UFC-in-UK-and-Ireland
    LONDON, UK, 27 September 2018 – ELEVEN SPORTS and UFC have today announced a new broadcast partnership for the UK and Ireland starting in January 2019. The global sports provider has further strengthened its growing offer for sports fans by securing the rights to all 42 live UFC events in 2019, as well as over 150 hours of UFC original and archive programming in a multi-year agreement.

UFC Fight Nights will be shown live on ELEVEN SPORTS, whilst ELEVEN will have the option to make some events available in partnership with other broadcast platforms.

Fight Nights that are shown live on ELEVEN SPORTS will also be available on demand in full after the event.

UFC, the world’s leading MMA organisation, is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year and has grown to be a premium global sports brand, with over 284 million fans globally. As well as holding successful events all over the world, 2018 brought two sell out shows to the UK-- firstly at the O2 Arena in London, and secondly in Liverpool, which saw No.2 welterweight contender and hometown hero Darren Till defeat Stephen Thompson.

The partnership with ELEVEN SPORTS provides UFC with a new broadcast home in the UK and Ireland, where it will receive centre stage treatment and provide the passionate and dedicated fans incredible access to all the action from around the world.

“UFC has become a massive brand which has built a hugely dedicated and engaged following over 25 years, making it a perfect fit for our fan centric strategy,” said Danny Menken, Group Managing Director, ELEVEN SPORTS. “We are a big supporter of combat sports across our global markets and the fresh and innovative approach that we have taken with our properties has been very successful. We are looking forward to creating the same added value for the legions of MMA fans in the UK and Ireland”

“We have worked very successfully with ELEVEN SPORTS in Belgium and Luxembourg and we are looking forward to extending our partnership here in the UK and Ireland,” said David Shaw, UFC Senior Vice President, International and Content. “The UK and Ireland are amongst UFC’s strongest markets globally and with ELEVEN SPORTS making a significant impact here, it made perfect sense to partner with them to showcase our thrilling product to our loyal and passionate fans.”

UFC is the latest major sports rights property acquired by ELEVEN SPORTS, following the addition of top flight football leagues, LaLiga (Spain), Serie A (Italy), Eredivisie (Netherlands), Chinese Super League (from 2019) and Allsvenskan (Sweden) – all exclusively live in the UK and Ireland for the next three seasons.

All the action will be distributed on ELEVEN’s online streaming platform via www.elevensports.uk, and iOS and Android mobile and tablet apps, without the need for set top boxes, bundled packages or contracts. Fans can also watch on traditional TV screens by casting on Google Chromecast.

An ELEVEN SPORTS Monthly Pass is available for £5.99, whilst an ELEVEN SPORTS Annual Pass can be secured for £59.99.

ELEVEN is also in discussion with all major broadcast platforms, third party streaming services and smart TV manufacturers to offer the widest possible access to the world-class action for all sports fans. This is in line with the ‘platform agnostic’ approach ELEVEN SPORTS employs in all its international markets, making it as easy as possible for fans to access the sports they love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

dulux99 wrote: »
    Still no word on Chromecast support? I really don't want to have to break out the laptop and HDMI cable FFS.

They have Chromecast support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It’s staying with BT Sport for at least 2019.

Fantastic news! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,020 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Paully D wrote: »
    It’s staying with BT Sport for at least 2019.

Fantastic news! :)

That is good news, is it 100% confirmed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

xtal191 wrote: »
    That is good news, is it 100% confirmed?

Seems to be the case.

https://twitter.com/clmmcrthy/status/1072890700977459202

Early Christmas present.

• Advertisement

Praise the f*cking lord. Totally thrilled with that news. BT's coverage is actually really good in fairness. Hated the idea of having to mess around with laptops and chromecasts at 3am when I'm after 9 pints.

Any bt deals on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭shanec1928

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Any bt deals on?

By will be moving under sky sports from summer time onwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

shanec1928 wrote: »
    By will be moving under sky sports from summer time onwards

Only in the UK, in Ireland two separate subscriptions will still need to be paid.
    However, Irish subscribers of Sky will not have access to BT’s exclusive Champions League matches and Premier League matches, unlike their British viewing counterparts.

Spokeswomen for Sky and BT confirmed that the deal did not apply to Ireland, but did not elaborate why.

Sky chief executive Jeremy Darroch said the agreement would benefit its UK customers who would be able to watch all soccer matches from the Premier League, UEFA Champions League and Europa League with a single Sky TV subscriptio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I like the football I get on Eleven, but they have completely failed to deliver on their pre-launch promises.

Every match was supposed to be on demand after it aired, but instead there was just highlights.

They promised the NBA and UFC, and have also failed on that front.

They'll be bust before the end of the season.

If only BT could get the NBA back from Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

bt sports is free if you have eir fibre broadband

sc86 wrote: »
    bt sports is free if you have eir fibre broadband

Or if you know someone that has it ;)allegedly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Seems to be the case.

https://twitter.com/clmmcrthy/status/1072890700977459202

Early Christmas present.

best Christmas present ever

Jesus wept...i canceled the fooking thing on monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

dashoonage wrote: »
    Jesus wept...i canceled the fooking thing on monday.

lord why.... ufc 232 is on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Only in the UK, in Ireland two separate subscriptions will still need to be paid.

The deal is coming under sky from next august afaik?
    They announced it after the English deal

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    lord why.... ufc 232 is on it

ill still get 232 :P im paid up until the 4th of Jan

30 quid a month doesn't seem to be any deals at the moment for previous customers. They also said its not confirmed they will have it long term. Seems they are getting a good few calls from Ireland. I didn't sign up yet will wait a little while see if any change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

I have the BT sport app and went to cancel this last night as I only really watch UFC on it. The girl told me there was a penalty for cancelling the contract early and to wait a few months and it will work out cheaper.

Decided to do what she said then googled Eleven Sports UFC coverage only to see it was effectively scrapped. Funny the way things work out.

I read Eleven is on the brink of collapse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭lertsnim

bennyl10 wrote: »
    The deal is coming under sky from next august afaik?
    They announced it after the English deal

You will still need to pay extra for BT Sport though. All that's changing is BT will be gone the Eir Sport pack and Sky will be collecting the subscription payments for BT.

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »
    You will still need to pay extra for BT Sport though. All that's changing is BT will be gone the Eir Sport pack and Sky will be collecting the subscription payments for BT.

Oh. I didn't know that. So it's not going to be free with eir broadband anymore? Balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

lertsnim wrote: »

Any idea if that will be the case with Sky Sports on NowTV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

I was very close to ordering eleven sports for UFC. Good thing I'm a life long procrastinator.

BT officially announced the deal

Great news, bit sickened if it's no longer free with Eir Broadband but I'd still take it over Eleven.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

So there's no coverage of this weekends UFC ? What the hell is going on?

Burty330 wrote: »
    So there's no coverage of this weekends UFC ? What the hell is going on?

erm...this weekends events? 232 is the following weekend...nothing this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

dashoonage wrote: »
    erm...this weekends events? 232 is the following weekend...nothing this weekend.

My mistake , i forgot the King is returning next week. Thought it was this weekend for some reason

Burty330 wrote: »
    My mistake , i forgot the King is returning next week. Thought it was this weekend for some reason

it will be great to see Gus back all right :P

Advertisement