Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Practice routines

Options
  • 30-07-2018 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any good ones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Anyone have any good ones

Sorry can't help you, I'm so bad my routine involves trying to avoid the wall around the board 😂

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭volono

Hi op it really depends on the standard your now throwing at , are you a complete beginner etc. Time restraints will also play a part.
    Personally whenever i start practicing i start with going round the board on doubles and then hit 5 bulls. Your throwing at all different targets so its a good way to loosen up i find.
    I'll then spend a while(depends on time) trying to score 1001 or more in ten visits to the board (30 darts)
    For practicing finishing i''ll start on the finish of 41 and if i hit it i go up ten points to 51, hit that 61, and every time you miss you go down by only one point , so miss 61 now try finish 60 , 59 ,etc and up by ten points every time you hit the finish. I try to get to 130 or above , (these will all be in 3 darts or less ) or if you like if you get to 100 or more you could then give yourself 6 darts to try and finish.
    This is alot harder than it sounds as once you go above 95 your only finish is to hit a treble.
    Another good one is to give yourself 6 darts from 170 finish and play first to ten , as in pretend you have an opponent and if you don't finsh in 6 darts they go 1 - 0 up and so on ,first to ten.
    Throw 30 darts at treble 20,19,18,17 and bull and mark down how many you get of each and try and beat it the next time you practice same goes for double 20,10 18,9 16.8 12,6
    You should also download prodarter from the internet as it has a computer opponent with 10 levels of difficulty and numerous games 301,501 etc, and it gives you the feeling of playing against someone to some extent and records your averages , how many 100s, 140s , 180s you've got etc.
    Hope thats some help op but the main thing to avoid when practicing is just trying to hit treble 20 all the time , i'll also say that whatever level you play at it almost always comes down to finishing
    best of luck

Advertisement