Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instagram Hacked

Options
  • 21-07-2018 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

I think I’m genuinely going to cry. I woke up to emails from Instagram this morning saying my phone number had been removed and my email address have been removed from my account. What can I do? The emails sent look very suspicious

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The email could be fake. The first thing to do is to check if you can still access your Instagram account. Log into Instagram, perhaps post something, see what happens

EDIt : Don’t click on any link in that email yet (should have said this first time)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

That revert this change line looks very suspicious to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

"Hacker Way"

Definitely fake!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Mars Bar wrote: »
    "Hacker Way"

Definitely fake!

That’s actually the real address for Facebook & Instagram. Genuinely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Thankfully they allowed me back in! I had to send an email of a photo of myself holding a piece of paper with a unique code and my name and username written on it. My app still won’t let me log in but I can still use the website! I have to say they were very good about replying. I’ve added two step verification to my account which I would advise everyone to do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Change your email password too as a precaution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

Never, ever, ever follow a link in an email like that.

Go to Instagram.com directly by typing it into your browser manually and log in the way.

There's a serious possiblity that the email was a phishing scam.

Advertisement