Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Wow 5 years already. Probably the best night of my life, big house party all my friends, the excitement was unreal.

https://twitter.com/SandhuMMA/status/1281924762399383552?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Rory has never been the same. Robbie broke something in him that night.

Rory has never been the same. Robbie broke something in him that night.

And Robbie had a similar war 6 months later with condit what an animal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I watched that fight live and watched it a second time a few months ago. It wasn't that great of a fight looking back at it. Lots of it was very litte action. Anyone else feel the same, was very surprised myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,569 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Mellor wrote:
    This is stuff out of movies. Steven Seagal or Van DAmme having to register their hands as deadly weapons, it's not real.
    I never said people had to register themselves. As part of that case his hands were considered as weapons. It was used in the pre-trial stage as the reason to make it aggravated assault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭cletus

https://www.texastribune.org/library/data/texas-prisons/inmates/jamual-edward-parks/1173634/

The deadly weapon listed on his aggravated assault charge is a machete, as stated in the previous blink I posted. No mention of his hands, martial arts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

US2 wrote: »
    Wow 5 years already. Probably the best night of my life, big house party all my friends, the excitement was unreal.

Really?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Damn, that long?

Epic night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Beersmith wrote: »
    I watched that fight live and watched it a second time a few months ago. It wasn't that great of a fight looking back at it. Lots of it was very litte action. Anyone else feel the same, was very surprised myself!

It was a slow enough starter. I watched it in a fairly empty pub in Australia. I was messing on my phone and missed some of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,057 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

eagle eye wrote: »
    I never said people had to register themselves. As part of that case his hands were considered as weapons. It was used in the pre-trial stage as the reason to make it aggravated assault.
    Somebody untrained can commit aggravated assault with their hands.
    The fact he was charged with aggravated assault had nothing to do with being trained.

Regardless, the guy you mentioned had a machete.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote:
    Somebody untrained can commit aggravated assault with their hands. The fact he was charged with aggravated assault had nothing to do with being trained.
    Regardless, the guy you mentioned had a machete.
    I sent you a link via pm. I'm unable to.put up links using the app but it appears I can send them by pm.
    Please share it if you are happy with it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

eagle eye wrote: »
    I sent you a link via pm. I'm unable to.put up links using the app but it appears I can send them by pm.
    Please share it if you are happy with it.

I replied to PM before I seen this.
    Here is the link

eagle eye wrote:

As I said, that's an article by bloody elbow. It's not a reliable news source. They are simply reporting based on a story in another paper.

The other article is paraphrasing comments by an assistant in the DA's office. If you want any US crime documentaries, the DA's office make all sorts of claims, it doesn't mean they have any legal standing.
    The deadly weapon in this case, according to Assistant District Attorney Bill Vassar, was the suspect's hands. He also had a machete in a case, but did not use it to harm Angel.

The fact he had a machete could possibly makes it aggravated assault, as the guy would be fearing for his life.
    He beat the crap out of two people. Including breaking a female cops jaw. They both went to hospital. It was aggravated assault regardless of his profession.

I see Belator is coming back with a bang! Sergio Petis main eventing the first card back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Johnny Walker spending time again in SBG the man must not want to get back on track. On a side note we need less Bisping on the mic God he's insufferable.

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Johnny Walker spending time again in SBG the man must not want to get back on track. On a side note we need less Bisping on the mic God he's insufferable.

Add DC and Dom Cruz to that aswell. Only (ex) fighter i can bear is felder.

bmcc10 wrote:
    Bisping is by far the best commentator on UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I don't get the Bisping & DC hate. Although I get that Bisping says "LOOK AT THAT" too much.

I find him natural, insightful and occasionally funny.

DC, the man is great in the booth! Everything I said for Bisping applies but what DC has is lots of likability. I love how he gets excited and animated, exactly as any of us would when watching the fights.

MrStuffins wrote:
    DC, the man is great in the booth! Everything I said for Bisping applies but what DC has is lots of likability. I love how he gets excited and animated, exactly as any of us would when watching the fights.
    Agree with this, really like DC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭The White Feather

It's all opinions and peoples personal preference but I can't stand DC commentating. He acts like he is studying tape with jabber about what the guy should do and not what he is actually doing.

Cruz just seems to talk non stop as well and does a bit of DCs studying tape type comments.

They should both be analysing after the fight not during it in my opinion anyway!

I really like Brendan Fitzgerald and Felder though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Too much personality with Bisping and DC. Much better suited for analysis pre or post fights. For experienced fighters they get so many things wrong. They can both go on 30 second rants on things completely unrelated to the fights actually happening

• Registered Users Posts: 23,838 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Like bisping myself but bisping and anik alone doesn't work for me as it's
    all bisping but that shouldn't happen again

I do like bisping and felder together, felder was made for this though and do like cruz and bisping together also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

while on the topic of bisping. him trying to skydive is one of the funniest things i have seen in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

That was brilliant!

I'd love to know what was happening at the airport were Bisping was going nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Mcgregor enjoying himself in his Instagram story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Izzy v Costa set for September 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Ryhs McKee fighting unbeaten Chimaev next week 4 fight deal with the UFC

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Ryhs McKee fighting unbeaten Chimaev next week 4 fight deal with the UFC

Chimaev fought and won a few days ago at MW.
    I’m not sure how good Rhys’s grappling is but Chimaev‘s takedowns looked good.

This is a bad debut on short notice imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭weemcd

Joe Duffy announced his retirement today. At 32, not very active and a few losses it's maybe the right time, but I had high hopes for him in the UFC. Always seemed like a quiet, down to earth guy any time I saw him interviewed. He would usually write back to you on Twitter as well, top bloke.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know much about rhys mckee? How do people think he'll do in the UFC?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement