Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Women's Cricket World Cup - June 24 to July 23

Options
  • 23-06-2017 7:45pm
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

ICC information here

Tomorrow (Saturday) sees NZ v Sri Lanka and England v India

Other teams involved:
    Australia
    South Africa
    WI
    Pakistan
    so no Irish interest

However the women's game has been taking great strides forward and this is a chance to build further with TV coverage or streaming of all matches and a doubling of prize money to $2m

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

First blood to NZ and India

Tomorrow sees Pakistan v SA and Australia v WI

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Unfortunately the womens game is still even more two tier than the mens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,909 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

England and Australia both through to the semi finals.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

England scraped through a close one against South Africa (who look very good these days). India or Australia (they play tomorrow) in the final, at a sold out Lords, which is great news for women's cricket I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Super innings from Kaur 171no, Aussies chasing 281/4 off a reduced 42 overs, that's a tough ask you'd think

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote: »
    Super innings from Kaur 171no, Aussies chasing 281/4 off a reduced 42 overs, that's a tough ask you'd think

Big innings needed from Lanning, already one down after 2 overs.

Big innings needed from Lanning, already one down after 2 overs.

Lanning gone and 10/2, what was a tall order looks even harder now.

Villani going well. Aussies still in this.

Villani going well. Aussies still in this.

Aye 138-4 now, 16 overs to go, so just shy of 9 an over required, tough but attainable if they don't ship any more wickets for a good while.

Hmm they threw it all away in the few minutes since my last post 149/6 and they look well and truly goosed now!

• Advertisement

Hmm they threw it all away in the few minutes since my last post 149/6 and they look well and truly goosed now!

Yeah, wheels fell off.

Good knock from Blackwell and made the score look at lot closer than maybe it felt near the end.

India look formidable, and comfortably beat England already this tournament, but I'm still hoping for a home win!

Good knock from Blackwell and made the score look at lot closer than maybe it felt near the end.

India look formidable, and comfortably beat England already this tournament, but I'm still hoping for a home win!

Aye I'd like to see England win at home, they go in 4/7 favourites with the bookies, and they went on an unbeaten run after losing to India in their first game, should be an exciting final in front of a packed Lords, great advert for the women's game!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Nailbiting final

India just lose their 9th wicket with 11 balls to go and 11 runs needed. Switched round massively over the past few overs with India's batting collapsing in spectacular fashion. Can they pull it out of the bag? Odds definitely against them now

Now 11 off 10

and the very next ball England drop a dolly!!!

... and the one after that the final wicket goes

Well done England

... back to the Cycling now

Excellent final, tense to the last, some turn around from England there at the end.

Excellent final, tense to the last, some turn around from England there at the end.

Really enjoyable game. Actually thought it was a pretty good tournament, what I saw of it.

Advertisement