Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kendo/laido

Options
  • 02-04-2017 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a kendo or liado club in the Newbridge/naas/kildare town areas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Kendo and iaido are very very different beasties

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Bambi wrote: »
    Kendo and iaido are very very different beasties

i thought i had a better chance of finding one or the other rather than just looking for the one discipline.

Looks like there are neither in the kildare area would need to go to dublin for them:mad:

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    i thought i had a better chance of finding one or the other rather than just looking for the one discipline.

Looks like there are neither in the kildare area would need to go to dublin for them:mad:

There's a kenpo club in newbridge that runs eskrima seminars though

Bambi wrote: »
    There's a kenpo club in newbridge that runs eskrima seminars though

could you explain what that is?

could you explain what that is?

Filipino art based on weapons , stick, sword, knife etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 WardyDrogheda

Does anyone know of a kendo or liado club in the Newbridge/naas/kildare town areas?

One has opened up in Drogheda, Louth if any use.

They are on FB under Louth Kendo ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭KathleenMcCabe

We train in Kali/Escrima in Kingswood - by newlands cross. One of our guys who lives in Greystones used to train in Iiado. But i dont think that club is still going. I will ask him for you.
    Kathleen

I spoke to the guy in our club. Unfortunately his Iiado club closed down a few years ago and the only club he knows of is the one in the city centre, Kenseiaki Ireland Dojo, near Pearse St Station.

I hope this helps. All the best,

Kathleen

I spoke to the guy in our club. Unfortunately his Iiado club closed down a few years ago and the only club he knows of is the one in the city centre, Kenseiaki Ireland Dojo, near Pearse St Station.

I hope this helps. All the best,

Kathleen

thank you for your help

thank you for your help

You are most welcome. Anytime.

Kathleen.

• Advertisement

I dont know if you're still interested but...

I was in the John Bosco centre at the luas stop this evening. They have a class with Kendo/Iiado on Monday nights at 7.30pm.

Advertisement