Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Future Of Leisureplex Stillorgan

Options
  • 06-02-2016 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

As many people will remember, during the boom there was plans to sell the Leisureplex site for property development, but it never came to fruition.

Now recently there's been a major development announced for Cherrywood, and on a tv report recently, in online articles, and on their own website, a bowling alley is listed as one of the planned amenities.

http://www.cherrywooddublin.com/leisure/

you would have to wonder is it likely for the Stillorgan alley to transfer here?
    will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I really hope not! Stillorgan bowl, later Leisureplex, holds many fond memories for me. I played there as a kid, my uncles played there and it has historic significance as the first bowling alley/centre in Ireland.

It would be a shame to see it go, although to my mind it was scandalous that Leisureplex ever got a hold of it in the first place :( Maybe I'm just a dinosaur :)

Advertisement