Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Koil Club Class Pocket Pillow Top Mattress

Options
  • 27-12-2011 6:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hey, sorry if this is the wrong section but it's the only one that seemed relevant.

Basically, myself and the misses spent the night in Clontarf Castle on Sunday night.
    The first thing we did when we got in was jump on the bed.... an hour later we were still shocked at how umbelievabley comfortable the mattress was. I can't even describe it. It was so comfortable that I actually took off the bed sheets so I could find the tag for it to find out the brand of it.

I've googled for it and can't find a decent looking place to buy it. I'm not sure if it's an exclusive brand of mattress that only cater to business/hotels.

I'm looking for a single sized mattress with the same design and I'm just wondering if anyone has ever heard/seen these anywhere or has any information on them?

Thanks in advance.

Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭karlitob

Hey, sorry if this is the wrong section but it's the only one that seemed relevant.

Basically, myself and the misses spent the night in Clontarf Castle on Sunday night.
    The first thing we did when we got in was jump on the bed.... an hour later we were still shocked at how umbelievabley comfortable the mattress was. I can't even describe it. It was so comfortable that I actually took off the bed sheets so I could find the tag for it to find out the brand of it.

I've googled for it and can't find a decent looking place to buy it. I'm not sure if it's an exclusive brand of mattress that only cater to business/hotels.

I'm looking for a single sized mattress with the same design and I'm just wondering if anyone has ever heard/seen these anywhere or has any information on them?

Thanks in advance.

Mick

Just bought something similar today in Arnotts:

King Koil Luxury Classic - E800.

Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭MadMardegan

karlitob wrote: »
    Just bought something similar today in Arnotts:

King Koil Luxury Classic - E800.

Hope it helps.

What size was that?

800 is a just a tad bit out of my price range :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭karlitob

What size was that?

800 is a just a tad bit out of my price range :P

That was a 5ft.

All your money on a mattress or shoes. If you're not in one - you're in another.

karlitob wrote: »
    That was a 5ft.

All your money on a mattress or shoes. If you're not in one - you're in another.

Don't suppose you have any idea how much they were selling 3ft's for?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

King Koil is a premium product, that good night's sleep doesn't come cheap! They are manufactured in Ireland by a company called Kaymed, formerly known as Kayfoam Woolfson.

Kaymed manufacture Odearest (slogan: 'For the rest of your life') and King Koil, check out their website....

http://kaymedworld.com/ie/home.html

and this might be the bed you're looking for ...........

http://kaymedworld.com/ie/products/kingkoil/King-Koil-Spinal-Pocket-Pillow-Top.html

• Advertisement

coylemj wrote: »
    King Koil is a premium product, that good night's sleep doesn't come cheap! They are manufactured in Ireland by a company called Kaymed, formerly known as Kayfoam Woolfson.

Kaymed manufacture Odearest (slogan: 'For the rest of your life') and King Koil, check out their website....

http://kaymedworld.com/ie/home.html

and this might be the bed you're looking for ...........

http://kaymedworld.com/ie/products/kingkoil/King-Koil-Spinal-Pocket-Pillow-Top.html

I went on to the kaymed site and looked up a list of retailers, found one in blanchardstown and gave them a call today. The girl there told me they sold it for 150 euro. I thought that was too cheap as well but she actually told me in these exact words before I said anything "they're the same mattresses used in top hotels such as Clontarf castle".

I'm definitely going to go to the shop myself and check it out, just don't want to get my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Please report back with the details of the retailer, I want to pay them a visit if they're selling (I assume single 3') King Koil beds for €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

coylemj wrote: »
    Please report back with the details of the retailer, I want to pay them a visit if they're selling (I assume single 3') King Koil beds for €150.

Please do, we're looking to replace our 5ft mattress at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kittykat18

I know this thread is from a while ago but does anybody know where this place is that sells these hotel mattress beds?
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Kittykat18 wrote: »
    I know this thread is from a while ago but does anybody know where this place is that sells these hotel mattress beds?
    Thanks in advance

If you're based in Dublin or anywhere close this may help. We bought our KingKoil from http://www.furnitureliquidator.ie/
    they have a good reduction on retail we saved about €300 on ours.
    Worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Kittykat18

Thanks Zadkiel

Advertisement