Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charter: Read Here First Or Die!!!

Options
  • 29-04-2006 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭

New to parkour?Intrigued by this crazy french sport but are too scared to tell your friends? Welcome to the Parkour forum.

All the info you need to know is located in this forum so feel free to browse and contribute

What is parkour? : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour

New Mod, updated Charter
    Sorry to Hijack your thread fade_to_grey but it has to be done!
    • Any talk of downloading pirated or copyrighted material is not allowed, you know this. Youtube, Google Video etc are fine (for the moment)
    • No flaming, trolling, personal attacks
    • Use the Pimp why website / crew sticky if you want to get Jams going or if you want people to come along and get to know parkour.
    • Parkour is all about fun, please keep the forum the same
    • Usual Boards rules apply also.

Any questions/comments feel free to send me a PM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Might help new people to this sport to tell us what the hell Parkour/Free Running is?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭dara95

i used to do parkour but it is way too stupid. do not start parkour. i broke my right leg because of it.... NOT COOL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭ilivetolearn

dara95 wrote: »
    i used to do parkour but it is way too stupid. do not start parkour. i broke my right leg because of it.... NOT COOL!

Thats hardly a reason to quit. I'm certain that the breaking of your right leg will hardly deter the increasing volume of practioneers across the globe.

I broke my leg sparring in Tae Kwon Do due to the base of my middle toe connecting with my opponents elbow (the ankle or instep was also fractured, can't remember which now) when executing a rear leg turning kick. It's just a case of getting back on the horse.

If their are any practioneers in Cork that could show me a thing or two or at the very least get me started then I'd be glad to meet up some weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 liam12

parkour rulez, we do it all the time at our school n u shuldent give up i broke my wrist climbin a 6ft gate fell off it n i still do it get bk into it its a good way 2 keep fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

tried to do it but too damn clumsy)) jumped off 2nd floor of a building, hurt me foot a bit.. not into it anymore. I wonder why its not popular at all in ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ehhwot

How 2 get started? I am in suburban Dublin, 14 and have an athletics history
    (I hope this isn't thread hijacking, if it is I'll start a new thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ricochet_Chloe

Anyone teaching lessons in Kilkenny?
    Thanks.
    ~Chloe.

Advertisement