Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing wireless sensor batteries

Options
  • 17-12-2018 3:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Is it as simple as opening up wireless sensor devices on the doors and windows and replacing the batteries or does the system need to be put into a maintenance mode?
    Checking through the control panel I can see that quite a few sensors need battery replacement but I don't know if it's as simple as it would appear to be.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Depends on the system. What panel have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

There's no make or model anywhere on either the main panel or the keypad.
    Attaching photos of both in case anyone recognises the make.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thats a Risco Agility 3.
    Yes if you change the battery's you may have to activate each device to clear the faults afterwards.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Thats a Risco Agility 3.
    Yes if you change the battery's you may have to activate each device to clear the faults afterwards.

I have no idea what that means , sorry.
    Would an engineer code be needed? I don't have one.

Just bumping this up in case anyone knows the answer to the above Q. I think a large number of the sensors will need battery replacement soon as the system is a couple of years old now.

• Advertisement

KazDub wrote: »
    I have no idea what that means , sorry.
    Would an engineer code be needed? I don't have one.

You shouldn't need the engineer code. After you change the batteries on that system it may still show a tamper alert on the zone. Activate the zone by open/closing the contact or tapping the sensor till the led comes on . The new activation sends a clear signal to get rid of the tamper fault.

Advertisement