Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P45 seems wrong...

Options
  • 15-12-2018 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

I worked the first six months of this year and have been only working sporadically since August. I am looking at my P45 at the moment from my place of employment until July, planning to file a P21, but something doesn't add up.

My gross pay looks accurate, but the tax deducted and USC deducted does not align with the money i received each month. It seems like the deductions were calculated for the amount if that was my end of year calculation, but as it was only in July, I would expect to get a refund, having not worked much for the rest of the year.

When I go to fill in my P21, the deductions on my P45 will be far less than the money that was actually deducted from my gross pay each month.

Am I reading my P45 wrong or is it possible a mistake was made. I definitely paid more tax during that period than the deductions detailed on my P45.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Have you included PRSI deductions in your calculations?

Advertisement