Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is my pay correct

• 12-12-2018 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi just started in the hse got paid for the first time there my gross pay is 969e and gross is 690e does this sounf right

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

garycoyle1 wrote: »
    Hi just started in the hse got paid for the first time there my gross pay is 969e and gross is 690e does this sounf right

Check your payslip, I'd say you are being emergency taxed.

What tax class does it say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭daheff

best thing to do is to go to myAccount on revenue and add the new employer number there. your employer will pick the correct tax details from revenue to correct your salary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi it sounds like emergency tax , just contact the tax office and they wil let you know , you get emergency tax back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59,641 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

My spreadsheet URL="http://taxcalc.eu/monthlyss/"]download link[/URL says the following (am showing values for €969 per week and am assuming that you're taxed as a single person with regular tax credits/ bands):

Per week calculations
    Gross: 969
    Pension deductions: -88
    PAYE:-156
    PRSI:-39
    USC:-32

Net:€654

If this is your first job in 2019 then you probably won't be paying any (or very little) PAYE and USC due to accumulated unused tax credits from the earlier part of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭garycoyle1

It says tax table e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59,641 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

'E' is almost certainly 'Emergency'. As advised above, you need to contact your tax office and set up your employment with them (and an online account if you don't already have one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Is this weekly or monthly wages?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭garycoyle1

tedpan wrote: »
    Is this weekly or monthly wages?

Its every 2 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

garycoyle1 wrote:
    Its every 2 weeks

That makes sense, you're on emergency. Talk to payroll to see if they're missing any of your details. Should be sorted quickly enough..

Advertisement