Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts degree, how many lecture hours?

Options
  • 08-12-2018 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭

I'm currently doing a return to education course and hope to go on and begin an arts degree next year as a mature student but one thing I'm finding virtually impossible is how to navigate the timetables online. Could anyone give me a rough idea of how many hours a week of lectures I'd be expected to attend please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

ooter wrote: »
    I'm currently doing a return to education course and hope to go on and begin an arts degree next year as a mature student but one thing I'm finding virtually impossible is how to navigate the timetables online. Could anyone give me a rough idea of how many hours a week of lectures I'd be expected to attend please?

Depends on your Third Level institute and what subjects you choose. If you decide that, you can just email them and ask.

If you haven't those two decided, then you can't even really get a ballpark figure as contact hours vary massively.

In reality though, you're much more likely to get comprehensive answers emailing insisutuions themselves than ever on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭ooter

I wasn't going to mention it but it's actually maynooth, I'm finding it very hard to get any information from them and the stuff that is available online is very hard to navigate, it's just a set of numbers and letters and I have no idea of their meaning.
    If I could find something that indicated the amount of lecture hours I need to attend for say politics, sociology, economics, critical skills it would be a great help.
    I sent an email around a month ago asking for info on the timetable and was told "Please expect a delayed response to your query and do not re-send the same email."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭granturismo

You probably emailed the timetable contact - you need to contact the admissions office, they want your fees and will be the most likely to help. Also, look out for open days.

Registered students can generate a personal timetable so you will have to go to https://apps.maynoothuniversity.ie/timetable/

click 'lectures', select the degree, select 'Semester 1' or 2 or select a week and then click on each of the module codes to see the timetable for the each module.

The module codes are titled under course structure for each degree at;
    http://apps.maynoothuniversity.ie/courses/?TARGET=PS&MODE=VIEW_OFFERING&OFFERING_CODE=U_HONS_DEGREES

Advertisement