Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kid's electric car

Options
  • 29-11-2018 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi, I bought an electric car for my son few years ago and something happened to it and it doesn't work anymore and I need to find someone who can fix it. I contacted few shops selling these ride-on toys but none of them would help me.
    Do you guys know any electrician or service company which would fix a kid's electric car?
    I live in south Dublin. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

A quick thing is to pull the 12v pack and check if its critically low. A new pack would sort that. Anyone able to use a multimeter will be able to read that. They can be externally charged with a car charger too if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Martynet

ED E wrote: »
    A quick thing is to pull the 12v pack and check if its critically low. A new pack would sort that. Anyone able to use a multimeter will be able to read that. They can be externally charged with a car charger too if required.

Hi thanks for advice but it's not a battery problem. The car runs fine, there is enough power but something happened to the control unit or whatever it's called. Basically too many kids jumped on the car when I wasn't looking and they tried to go up the hill... I could smell like something is burning for few seconds... I turned the car off immediately and left it off for few days. Then I charged the battery and it turned on, but when I pushed the gas pedal and car starts moving, it doesn't stop, when you take the foot/hand off the pedal and it just keeps moving. And the only way to stop it is to turn it off...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You could try some of the PC repair places as its close to their ballpark when its board repair.

ED E wrote: »
    You could try some of the PC repair places as its close to their ballpark when its board repair.

OK, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

Theres a guy in Crumlin that repairs Electric mobility scooters/wheelchairs..
    Found him very good for stuff like this.

Sorry i can't give you any more details.

• Advertisement

whizbang wrote: »
    Theres a guy in Crumlin that repairs Electric mobility scooters/wheelchairs..
    Found him very good for stuff like this.

Sorry i can't give you any more details.

I'll try to find him online. Thanks

Advertisement