Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I complete a green cert degree without doing the leaving cert

Options
  • 30-10-2018 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I was wondering if I left school without doing the leaving certificate how could I do the green cert to avoid stamp duty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It's going to be harder to get into the degree and doing the degree will be harder, but there are mature entry options for many courses. You would need to check with the individual college. Requirements may change from time to time.

If you are still in school and considering not doing the leaving cert, then you need to examine those reasons very carefully. School may be difficult, but so is the rest of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Easy, do level 5 in straight ag at any of the tegasc colleges and then you'll automatically get into level 6 the following year and there's your green cert, no lc needed at all... All these oul lads nagging about needing the lc and all this ****e but not dropping out is a big mistake I made

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Astudentconvo

Easy, do level 5 in straight ag at any of the tegasc colleges and then you'll automatically get into level 6 the following year and there's your green cert, no lc needed at all... All these oul lads nagging about needing the lc and all this ****e but not dropping out is a big mistake I made

Thank you for explaining that clearly ... appreciated it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Thank you for explaining that clearly ... appreciated it

Presuming your in 3rd or 5th year now, there's options there if you do decide to drop out, you get experience in the field you want to go into, alot more than the lc will give you, points mean nothing once your in college, get to where you want to be as quick if not quicker and after doing level 5/6, college degree courses are then open to you, best of luck whichever way you decide to go, just don't stay doing lc if you hate it to death like I did

Advertisement