Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floating shelves

Options
  • 17-11-2018 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭

Hi can someone recommend a shop/website that does nice floating shelves for a diy install. Want something slightly better quality that ikea/argos. Based in south Leinster btw.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭budhabob

Hi can someone recommend a shop/website that does nice floating shelves for a diy install. Want something slightly better quality that ikea/argos. Based in south Leinster btw.
    Thanks.

Not quite sure you're going to get anything better quality. floating shelves by their nature are basic in design, and generally mdf etc. I have an ikea one, and very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Are they going into an alcove?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

B&Q have a range of coloured ones out that are quite nice - have beige/dusky pink/grey.

The ikea ones are quite good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

I have several of the IKEA ones too and can't fault them.

Easy to install and look nice with clean lines.

I think any improvement in quality would probably require solid wood and that would increase weight significantly. Another thing to consider for when installing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have the same question as the OP. Ikea floating shelves are good but I need something that is 2.5m long. I wonder do any shops sell this type or if not could you get them made up by a joiner? Weight is also an issue so theyd have to be MDF covered with a laminate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement