Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hiv test in Dublin Guide Clinic

• 30-04-2013 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys!
    I did a sti & hiv test at Guide Clinic in St.James Hospital 2 weeks ago.
    They said 'no news good news" so, if nobody call me, I suppose everything is fine :)
    Anyway I would like to have my results printed, I tried to call their reception number, but it's impossible to talk with someone, they are always busy!
    Do you know if it's enough go there to have my results or if I have to ask for an appointment?
    Because I don't want spend 5 hours waiting as it happened when I did the test.
    Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Hi guys!
    I did a sti & hiv test at Guide Clinic in St.James Hospital 2 weeks ago.
    They said 'no news good news" so, if nobody call me, I suppose everything is fine :)
    Anyway I would like to have my results printed, I tried to call their reception number, but it's impossible to talk with someone, they are always busy!
    Do you know if it's enough go there to have my results or if I have to ask for an appointment?
    Because I don't want spend 5 hours waiting as it happened when I did the test.
    Many thanks!

No news is good news with the guide clinic, they don't get back to you unless they need to. If you have a clean bill of health you won't be in contact again, or at least that was the case when they last crossed my field of interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I don't know how to go about getting your 'clean bill of health' in writing but I do know you have to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DublinPumpikin

Hey guys, at the end I went there last Thursday, asking to a nurse for my results. I waited less than 10 minutes out her office, then she gave to me two sheets with my results (everything negative). She was really kind and I didn't pay a single euros :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 4 HotelMotel

Its been a long time since I've posted anything on boards but I wanted to update this particular thread. I was at the Guide clinic last Tuesday. I got there at 7:50 thinking I was in plenty of time. The room was full to capacity with maybe 60/70 people. The main nurse came out and said that due to staff shortages they wouldn't be screening anyone that morning but they would talk / help out with 'self testing' kits. I legged it as wouldn't have made it to work in time.
    Went to my GP later that week to see if I could get him to refer me to somewhere. He said if he did he would have to make a note which could later be seen by insurance company and potentially affect premiums (not that I can afford to have health insurance). Mater hosp said 6-8 weeks waitlist for a free test. Anyone any similar stories..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Qrt

HotelMotel wrote: »
    Its been a long time since I've posted anything on boards but I wanted to update this particular thread. I was at the Guide clinic last Tuesday. I got there at 7:50 thinking I was in plenty of time. The room was full to capacity with maybe 60/70 people. The main nurse came out and said that due to staff shortages they wouldn't be screening anyone that morning but they would talk / help out with 'self testing' kits. I legged it as wouldn't have made it to work in time.
    Went to my GP later that week to see if I could get him to refer me to somewhere. He said if he did he would have to make a note which could later be seen by insurance company and potentially affect premiums (not that I can afford to have health insurance). Mater hosp said 6-8 weeks waitlist for a free test. Anyone any similar stories..?

I’m pretty sure that “increasing premiums” thing was stopped when they realised not only gay men got HIV/AIDS. If anything ignoring Syphilis or HIV sounds like a lot bigger risk than getting tested for it tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

HotelMotel wrote: »
    He said if he did he would have to make a note which could later be seen by insurance company and potentially affect premiums (not that I can afford to have health insurance).
    Never heard of an insurance company taking someones health into account when offering a premium (other than not covering pre-existing conditions for X years)...it's the same price for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Qrt

fletch wrote: »
    Never heard of an insurance company taking someones health into account when offering a premium (other than not covering pre-existing conditions for X years)...it's the same price for all.

It was an American thing I believe.

Advertisement