Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Near vision with contacts

• 08-05-2018 11:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm getting to an age where my near vision is starting to go. It's not bad at all yet, it's only actually a problem when wearing my contacts which I wear for just moderate short-sightedness. When I take my contacts out I see very well close up.

I am wondering is this issue correctable with changing my constant lens prescription. I suspect not and all I can do is wear reading glasses when wearing my contacts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

You could try monovision, where the contact lens in one eye has a near vision (reading) prescription and the other has a distance vision prescription.

It works very well for some people, while others hate it. Your optometrist will be able to discuss options with you in detail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 annaboniface55

AllForIt wrote: »
    Hi

I'm getting to an age where my near vision is starting to go. It's not bad at all yet, it's only actually a problem when wearing my contacts which I wear for just moderate short-sightedness. When I take my contacts out I see very well close up.

I am wondering is this issue correctable with changing my constant lens prescription. I suspect not and all I can do is wear reading glasses when wearing my contacts?

My brother wears multifocal contact lenses, they correct both distances so you don't have to wear reading glasses and contact lenses. You probably need to go to an optician for a new contact lens test

• Subscribers Posts: 48 AnneRyan

I wear +4.5 in left eye for reading and +2.5 in right eye for distance. Works perfectly! I buy from daysoft online, very cheap and excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

Can one contact lens be fitted for a person that has fine long distance but has trouble reading instead of laser treatment

• Subscribers Posts: 48 AnneRyan

I'm sure that would work fine with one lens for reading. Specsavers do a free eye test and will give you a few free contact lenses for a trial run.

• Advertisement
Advertisement