Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bargain tv - 10 years ago (don't read if you want a current bargain)

Options
  • 02-11-2018 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭

A bargain tv - 10 years ago.

Apologies if reminiscing threads not allowed:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Topdolla

A bargain tv - 10 years ago.

Apologies if reminiscing threads not allowed:)

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-entertainment/tvs/47823/sony-bravia-kdl-32v4000-review

£388 this day ten years ago on amazon.co.uk convert from gbp to eur @ 1.22

€473.36 Bargain :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Probably paid for itself by now in saving over the old CRT lump in the corner
    MDEzZTcxNzI4ZTkyMGQwNTJjMDgwMTU4ODIzMjA1NTkRCz1C8aE58Egp7rGjqaw6aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMzk2YzMxODI3NTZkNjM4YmQ0NjU5NjBkYzYwMmM1NDM4YzFmMWY4MGFkNGY0NmIwYTYzZDEzNDdiOGFlOGI1OS5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Probably paid for itself by now in saving over the old CRT lump in the corner
    MDEzZTcxNzI4ZTkyMGQwNTJjMDgwMTU4ODIzMjA1NTkRCz1C8aE58Egp7rGjqaw6aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMzk2YzMxODI3NTZkNjM4YmQ0NjU5NjBkYzYwMmM1NDM4YzFmMWY4MGFkNGY0NmIwYTYzZDEzNDdiOGFlOGI1OS5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Ah the old Philips CRT, brings back memories. They were an excellent TV back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

My word, when you think about it, how awful did TV's look back in the day, thankfully they are lovely and sleek now with designs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

TallGlass wrote: »
    My word, when you think about it, how awful did TV's look back in the day, thankfully they are lovely and sleek now with designs.

That philips was a class set, along with the Sony trinitron that looked very similar on the integrated stand (they both cost huge money at the time). But.....you can bet your ass both would outlast any of the stuff available today, by many years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,909 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Few retro gamers would still happily love a nice crt tele.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭peneau

I've the 32" version of this Toshiba 36ZP48, still working away in the living room.
    £643.99 at one time in Sound and Vision - Uk and according to them a number of years ago
    Its MSP was £1329.99

https://www.cnet.com/uk/reviews/toshiba-36zp48-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

corsav6 wrote: »
    Ah the old Philips CRT, brings back memories. They were an excellent TV back in the day.

Yeah horrible ones of trying to bring one up a staircase:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We’ve a 24inch blackdiamond here on the go. Kids use it sometimes.

Bought in 1995.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

dodzy wrote: »
    That philips was a class set, along with the Sony trinitron that looked very similar on the integrated stand (they both cost huge money at the time). But.....you can bet your ass both would outlast any of the stuff available today, by many years.

Think you missed my point. Outlast maybe, in fairness I can't say I have had an LCD screen ever fail on me. I have however had a CRT set fail, and you'd have to bang the top of it to stop the green and even out the colours on the set. Them old sets are not pretty and take a lot of space, I perfect the newer slimline design that are wall mounted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

TallGlass wrote: »
    Think you missed my point. Outlast maybe, in fairness I can't say I have had an LCD screen ever fail on me. I have however had a CRT set fail, and you'd have to bang the top of it to stop the green and even out the colours on the set. Them old sets are not pretty and take a lot of space, I perfect the newer slimline design that are wall mounted.

I find modern TVs pretty soulless and a bit too big tbh.

Love a good CRT. I've a Sony BVM 2016p broadcast monitor for my older consoles that cost 10,000 pounds new. Picture is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Mr.S wrote: »
    I remember getting a 32’ LCD (not even HD!) for €1,999 back in 2004. How times have changed.

I bought my Sony 40' LCD in 08 for €1199, still on the go perfectly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement