Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you any RETIRED models as Heirlooms

Options
  • 31-07-2018 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Myself, I have a retired radio control 1/48 Hobby King Tiger Tank. It served me with distinction. The control unit is lost and the circuit board is blown. Kept as an ornament.

What about you?

I'll try and locate a pic later and attach it to the post.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

I have several model ships on various window sills around the house for quite a time.

Somehow after making them, and leaving them in a place of honour to be admired for a few months, I am reluctant to put them away in boxes in into the attic!

It's time for a cleanout of past models, and clear away a chunk of the collection. Too many models lying around the place starts to be a deterrence against making new ones, and that's a negative thing I've learned I can avoid by doing a clearout (of the less favourites built stuff) every several years.

But it's like getting rid of old friend numbers in my directory. Always a tough thing to do. Always a reason to keep this one, or that one, etc. Got to clear some past to make a way to the future!

Advertisement