Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assignment help.

Options
  • 16-12-2018 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi everyone.

I'm back studying through distance education which I haven't done in a long long time. I've an assignment to do titled
    "Describe the main developments in the Irish constitution since its enactment in 1937 referencing case law and referenda" 2000 words.
    I've never actually written an assignment before and I'm freaking out as it is due in 4 weeks.

Anyone got any help or tips on how to go about doing it? Anything you offer will be a help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭FelaniaMump

Aren't you doing study skills as part of the course? You should be getting some help with this.

Break it down into sections, do your introduction last (it should lay out what you are going to say, you won't know what that is until you have said it). Don't give any personal opinions at all. Chart the main points of your topic, what are the biggest changes to the constitution? Explain each one in order and relate it back to case law. Explain relevance. Reference everything fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Leemo85

Thank you for the reply. No, not getting anything other than suggested reading material from the institute.
    I don't find that much help as it's the structuring of the assignment and referencing etc that I don't no how to do.
    I'm beginning to regret doing it now. I've left it on the long finger as I don't no what I'm doing and it's panic stations now

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭FelaniaMump

NUIG has an academic writing centre in the library where they offer one on one sessions. If you can't get there, they have an online course. You should have been offered supports like this when you started. I suggest talking to your tutor and explaining your issues and asking for some guidance, as well as contacting the aforementioned AWC.
    https://library.nuigalway.ie/awc/

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

Hi OP,

It's very difficult to get into doing assignments with no experience of doing some previously.

I found it helpful reading assignments similar to mine that I either searched for online or got from colleagues. Don't copy from them but it should give you an idea how to lay it all out. Each college will also have referencing guidelines and these are helpful to read through.

Best of luck with it all :-)

Advertisement