Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trucking general chat - was Forum/Sub-forum proposal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Rave.ef

I used to like Luke's stuff as well haven't heard much about him lately tho.
    Meet Ned one day was grand to chat to while hanging around. Was only a day or two later I realised he was the lad from YouTube:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

He had that bust up with Virginia and went to some crowd in the UK doing the odd run. I thought his stuff was good but got very self centred and his ego got a bit to big.

There's a Welsh lad russell worthington who's videos are good but he's not done much in ages but seems to be coming back and another guy who now goes under the name Anonymous European truck driver

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Luke is with Whites I think, or was anyway. This 'rockgod' lad is hard to listen to also, played a video a last week and he was talking about the first trip abroad so I was thinking Germany Belgium maybe, christ he was going outside Dublin somewhere! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

Ned reminds me of a lot of drivers my dad's age, same carry on, I like him though.

Dairy gold are really feeling the lack of drivers but a good start for a lad to try get his licence and guaranteed a job.

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/new-haulage-course-for-milk-lorry-and-feed-delivery-drivers-408937

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Rave.ef wrote: »
    Dairy gold are really feeling the lack of drivers but a good start for a lad to try get his licence and guaranteed a job.

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/new-haulage-course-for-milk-lorry-and-feed-delivery-drivers-408937

The ETB are running those courses for years, that's how I got mine. Aren't dairygold all artics though?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭firstlight

Pay a fair wage and they will get drivers
    It's all about the cabbage and some respect
    I know if I was 24 again I would advise them to avoid the haulage industry with a barge pole

I know that's how I got the rigid too. 95% of the milk would be but the blowers would be a good few ridgids.

It's the same in every job but haulage is a tough game long hours and dips**** on the road. It has to be something youh really want to do.

lads will get the licences see the reality of it fairly quickly and get the hell outa there

Father always said it
    You get in a truck in the morning and you don't know when you will get out of it

Like an open prison,you can see the door but you can't get out

Got the licence, was delighted with it, worked in the industry and there isn’t a prayer of ever getting me to work in it unless the hours were set and the money increased, no chance of that happening.

I’m doing coach work now and tours, no messing better money.

• Advertisement

Oh ya I started this morning at 5. God only knows when I'll be home. I know I'm on boards at 20 past 2 but in 10 mins time I'll be flat out again

I can't complain about the money I'm one of the lucky ones working for a pure gent looks after us best he can.

Oh ya I started this morning at 5. God only knows when I'll be home. I know I'm on boards at 20 past 2 but in 10 mins time I'll be flat out again

Fair play to you,your entitled to a break lad
    Make the most of them
    Safe driving

Got the licence, was delighted with it, worked in the industry and there isn’t a prayer of ever getting me to work in it unless the hours were set and the money increased, no chance of that happening.

I’m doing coach work now and tours, no messing better money.

Deckard ,you don't mind leaving me a pm about the tour work?
    Was thinking of trying it

Frylite out the back of Dublin Airport near Ballymun have a banner out side looking for drivers. Just saw it passing by so didnt get a contact or details

DqOcOz4XQAABND6.jpg

DqWYfTDWwAAvwjS.jpg

Well boss, the trailer was there when i left the customers yard

https://twitter.com/Crashingtv/status/1054900621017522177

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

neris wrote: »
    Well boss, the trailer was there when i left the customers yard

https://twitter.com/Crashingtv/status/1054900621017522177
    That's a lad that needs more training so to speak.

Just watching bbc4 The Motorway. Car transporter going going down the motorway and the boot of the 1st car on top deck had opened. Just missed a bridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,153 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

What is the tax on an scania r500 4x2?

whelan2 wrote: »

Unsure on that particular one but the maximum across the board is €900 per year due to a revision of commercial tax in recent years

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AbdulAbhaile

whelan2 wrote: »

I'm betting this guy knows. From done deal.

Scania driver available. will do any kind of work for the right scania truck.
    wont do muti-drop, supermarket work would like tipper or fridge.
    ive lots of years driving and ive worn out at least 5 scania jackets
    never being in a accident that i couldnt talk my way out of,
    I know everything so no training needed
    never complain at the start of a new job
    Will drive any Scania but it must be V8 topline with grill &roof spots≤ds,rear cab perimeter leds. dutch headboard dutch rear bumper Bottom Bar, Side Bars, Back Bar and Chassis Bar leather seats, kitchen pack, exhaust stacks, SUPER badge Chassis in-fill with sussie bar with LEDs. Durabrite alloy wheels and a puking chicken on both sides of the cab.

i have all thats need
    2X full drivers licence (IRISH AND UK)
    2X DRIVERS CARDS
    MAGNETS
    SCANIA JACKETS (1-KING OF THE ROAD &1 V8 JACKET)
    ME BOOTS
    CHECK SHIRTS
    SCANIA WALLET
    v8 SCAINA led Light board
    SUPER badge
    and too many other accessories to spell

Got a print out of my card today from TM for the minutes I MAY have exceeded the 4.5 driving time. I hardly ever get close to my limit. An example is well say Friday 17:55 1 min over and then the same day at 18:05 10 mins later 17 mins over. Head is addled from looking at it. Any of ye ever come across this.
    There's one or 2 outrageous time frames on it as well so some thing has to be up.

Got a print out of my card today from TM for the minutes I MAY have exceeded the 4.5 driving time. I hardly ever get close to my limit. An example is well say Friday 17:55 1 min over and then the same day at 18:05 10 mins later 17 mins over. Head is addled from looking at it. Any of ye ever come across this.
    There's one or 2 outrageous time frames on it as well so some thing has to be up.

All breaks in order/speed etc?

Ya I'm fairly anal with my card. Bugging me. Going to download it again Friday evening see what shows up after the week. I do a fair share of other work I don't spend countless hours on loading bays so my breaks are taken when I need them. I might only push to 4:15 4:20 once a week.

Ya I'm fairly anal with my card. Bugging me. Going to download it again Friday evening see what shows up after the week. I do a fair share of other work I don't spend countless hours on loading bays so my breaks are taken when I need them. I might only push to 4:15 4:20 once a week.

Being stuck on bays is the most depressing thing i can think of for a trucker, several hours is not unheard of.

You do a bit of shunting as well then?

A lot of blowing work. Could be talking an hour to an hour and a half for 28 to 30 ton. So your talking 2 hours with set up and clean up. The odd time id pull the short straw and have to do a bit of shunting but not often thankfully.

Done an activity print out. My direct print out from tacho head is spot on.

Good podcast out yesterday with eamonn Dunphy talking to the lady from the IRHA on brexit and the effect it will have on the haulage industry and the import & export of goods by road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Being stuck on bays is the most depressing thing i can think of for a trucker, several hours is not unheard of.

Lidl mullingar would depress you to no end, tip yourself is managable but then pull around the front of the building and wait for your number to be put up on the board to let you know your paper is ready. I had 13 pallets yesterday morning and the guy was checking them as I unloaded and I still sat out for for an extra 1hr 10mins before my papers were signed

Advertisement