Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 196: McGregor v Diaz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

giphy.gif

Full force punch on to Nate's hand is such a bitch move. Could have easily broke it. Lets see what happens when Conors opponents try to injure him during staredowns and the ensuing outrage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Such a big height and range difference.

Not sure how this fight will go. Which is good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Danas face when he thought he'd lost control of situation haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Lukker- wrote: »
    Some weird trivia.

Conor McGregor talked about replacing the Lion at the MGM with a statue of an Irish lion. The very first MGM Lion was born in Dublin Zoo. The first movie that the MGM Lion featured in was called "He who gets slapped".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_the_Lion_(MGM)

Read into that what you will.

somebody has way too much time on their hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

What time is this fight.Irish time please. Thanks. Quick Google doesn't specify.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Some weird trivia.

Conor McGregor talked about replacing the Lion at the MGM with a statue of an Irish lion. The very first MGM Lion was born in Dublin Zoo. The first movie that the MGM Lion featured in was called "He who gets slapped".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_the_Lion_(MGM)

Read into that what you will.

that's fecking cool!! good man. love stuff like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I don't understand the Gazelle reference. Gazelles are beautiful :)

Oh, just watched a Fox Sports clip and Conor says "I just look at your frame and it reminds me a little injured Gazelle", oh lol, where does he get this from?

I really hope he kicks ass out there.

I don't understand the Gazelle reference. Gazelles are beautiful :)

and tall, and quick, and lean and loud!!! ha ha ha.
    but cannot stand in a fight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well this was quality. Best line for me was when it went quiet and Nat just says .....I'm going to kill you. Sounded like a right psycho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

McGregor went from playing touch butt in a park to telling a man to take his top off on national television.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Two of them sound pretty wound up at this stage. Conor definitely looks angrier than I've seen him.

Punching the hand was dodgy. Say there will be security galore at the weigh ins after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭SteM

Don't know what Diaz is making but I'd want $1m just to have to listen to McGregor for 2 weeks, stepping in the cage with him cost them extra. Listening to that **** drive me mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

"You fúckin tick" Conor went full dub there. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

How anyone barring the "we were born on the same land mass" swell of pride can actually like Connor, making fun of people because your socks cost more than their whole outfit, throwing a potential fight ending punch at weightins etc he really just comes off as a bit of a chav. Hope Diaz chokes him unconscious.

gallag wrote: »
    How anyone barring the "we were born on the same land mass" swell of pride can actually like Connor, making fun of people because your socks cost more than their whole outfit, throwing a potential fight ending punch at weightins etc he really just comes off as a bit of a chav. Hope Diaz chokes him unconscious.

Oh he punched someone's hand.

Quick someone call the fun police.

It's all to sell the fight, even Diaz is in on it. Try not let it bother you so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭brevity

What everyone seems to be ignoring is the EA Sports cover curse. I think it will have a big part to play in this fight.

JustTheOne wrote: »

It's all to sell the fight, even Diaz is in on it. Try not let it bother you so much.

Full force punch to someones hand can easily break it. It was a bitch move. Why not slap it away? Have a shove? Both create hype without the potential to injure someone. Like i said i await somebody punching Conor during a staredown and hearing the same reactions.

Yeah, because a hands not really important for a puncher/grappler anyway.

Davei141 wrote: »
    Full force punch to someones hand can easily break it. It was a bitch move.

What would you do if someone put their fist into your face?

Would you stand there and take it?

Are you joking, Connor always does that and no one tried to break his hand.

• Advertisement

Are you joking, Connor always does that and no one tried to break his hand.

When has he put his fist in someone's face?

Yeah maybe they should have.

When has he put his fist in someone's face?

Yeah maybe they should have.

I take it your new to watching weigh ins?

I take it your new to watching weigh ins?

No I honestly don't remember conor touching someone's face with his fist.

Which fighter did he do it too?

Poor Conor was just defending himself. He can do no wrong. Deluded.

No I honestly don't remember conor touching someone's face with his fist.

Which fighter did he do it too?

Diaz didn't touch Conors face. Keep changing the narrative like a good McGregor Drone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Diaz is a pussy and he had it coming. Conor the master of mind games. He is mcGOAT and will slay the bum diaz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Mcgregor has done that many times...got a taste of his own medecine if you ask me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 215 ✭✭ceecee14

ricero wrote:
    Diaz is a pussy and he had it coming. Conor the master of mind games. He is mcGOAT and will slay the bum diaz

Explain how you come to the conclusion that Diaz is a pussy and a bum? And the 'master of mind games' isn't working, Nate ain't bothered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Conor was out of order and should be fined. He's done exactly what Nate did to others and they never reacted like that.

Wouldn't be surprised if the ufc told the 2 of them to do something to hype it up more. Maybe the ppv isn't selling that well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Ah the blow ins have arrived you'd know its fight time

Lads they fight in a cage for a living ffs they dont have to act humble and respectful if they dont want to,if you have a problem with their antics dont tune in vote with your feet im sure they dont give a rats if you dont watch tbh,

I think Nate knows hes getting ko'd in this fight just from his interviews I feel he even knows his faith now,hes not making any threats or statements that hes going to win this fight in anyway,its an interesting dynamic as he puts no pressure on himself but its not very confidence inspiring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Conor was out of order and should be fined. He's done exactly what Nate did to others and they never reacted like that.

Wouldn't be surprised if the ufc told the 2 of them to do something to hype it up more. Maybe the ppv isn't selling that well.

I cant see it doing many ppvs . Tickets still widely availbale for the MGM aswel . Pity it wasnt the same for 194

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The post conference fox interview was hilarious :pac:

Gamebred wrote: »

Lads they fight in a cage for a living ffs they dont have to act humble and respectful if they dont want to,if you have a problem with their antics dont tune in vote with your feet im sure they dont give a rats if you dont watch tbh,

I think Nate knows hes getting ko'd in this fight just from his interviews I feel he even knows his faith now,hes not making any threats or statements that hes going to win this fight in anyway,its an interesting dynamic as he puts no pressure on himself but its not very confidence inspiring.

Humble and respectful =/= throwing punches. Trying to injure people before a fight is weak no matter who you are a fan of. If Diaz done that you'd be spunking in your McGregor Reebok fight shorts about Diaz being scared and how much of a bitch Diaz was for doing it.

Humble and respectful =/= throwing punches. Trying to injure people before a fight is weak no matter who you are a fan of. If Diaz done that you'd be spunking in your McGregor Reebok fight shorts about Diaz being scared and how much of a bitch Diaz was for doing it.

You should go watch some tag rugby on saturday I dont think fighting is for you,

You have so much hatred in your bum soul for Conor its not healthy,Conor Bless you.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

You should go watch some tag rugby on saturday I dont think fighting is for you,

You have so much hatred in your bum soul for Conor its not healthy,Conor Bless you.

Both of you, give it a rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Going to be a busy weekend for the mods.

So the main card is due to start at midnight GMT, correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Main Card will be 3am

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 215 ✭✭ceecee14

Prelims 1am, Main Card 3am, McGregor about 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Agreed on paragraph 1 and 3 but.........do you not think him punching the hand was a stupid move? He gave it a fair whack. Could've easily broken it and could have jeopardised the fight.

Agreed on paragraph 1 and 3 but.........do you not think him punching the hand was a stupid move? He gave it a fair whack. Could've easily broken it and could have jeopardised the fight.

Yeah possibly but he couldnt let Nate get away with putting his fist in his face so you cant blame him reacting,maybe he overeacted but who cares no damage was done its all what if's.

CcqlPtZWEAE12vk.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

It will be very interesting to see how Conor gets on with a guy his own size. How he'll get on if Diaz actually catches him, if he'll just brush it off like he did against the smaller lads.

Now he's thinking about fighting Lawlor. It shows just how much of a joke it is him fighting at 145.

Yeah possibly but he couldnt let Nate get away with putting his fist in his face so you cant blame him reacting,maybe he overeacted but who cares no damage was done its all what if's.

CcqlPtZWEAE12vk.jpg

This right here what would anyone do in that situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Tilikum wrote: »
    It will be very interesting to see how Conor gets on with a guy his own size. How he'll get on if Diaz actually catches him, if he'll just brush it off like he did against the smaller lads.

Now he's thinking about fighting Lawlor. It shows just how much of a joke it is him fighting at 145.

Not his size, quite a bit bigger and he uses his boxing range pretty well. Conor will need to use his kicking game well, and I imagine he will.

giphy.gif

I'll just post this Gif again. Plenty of room between his fist and Conors face, until Conor steps towards it. There is a reason Gamebred posts a still instead of a Gif...

It is amazing how so many stare downs go down like that without punches thrown. Slap the hand and pushing it away is pretty common.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

This right here what would anyone do in that situation?

Licking his hand would have been the power move here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I think Conor's mind games aren't working as well as it did against other opponents mostly because Nate is too stupid to understand it or let it register in his brain.

Hilarious at the end of that segment Nate askes "what's a Gazelle anyway? This is America" Conor had basically been calling Nate and his team Gazelles all week, Nate had no clue what that was in reference too or why it was insulting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Not his size, quite a bit bigger and he uses his boxing range pretty well. Conor will need to use his kicking game well, and I imagine he will.

Is he actually any good? I've love watching the brother fight but I've never seen Nate. He's lost 10 of his 28 fights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

DIAZ round 2 KO

ceecee14 wrote: »
    Prelims 1am, Main Card 3am, McGregor about 5

Ugh. I somehow thought it was earlier. As a casual fan, I'm not sure I can do the whole 5am thing again after Aldo lasted 5 seconds.

• Advertisement
Advertisement