Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Password problem

Options
  • 28-02-2013 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

my self and my fiancee with both our profiles, everytime we log in it does not recognise our password and we have to do a password reset and then we get logged in, then the next time we log in its the same problem again, any idea whats up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Hello Paddy138,

While it is possible to recover your password using either a username or email address you can only log into Boards using your username. Very recent cases of your exact problem have been caused by users trying to log in to Boards.ie using their email addresses. Can you confirm both you and your other half are trying to log in using usernames?

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭migrant

I have exactly this problem. It makes this site basically unusable for me.

I go to log in, It says wrong password. I password reset - paste in the exact same password.
    A few minutes later, guess what happens. I have never come across this issue before

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

migrant wrote: »
    I have exactly this problem. It makes this site basically unusable for me.

I go to log in, It says wrong password. I password reset - paste in the exact same password.
    A few minutes later, guess what happens. I have never come across this issue before

Can I just double check that you're attempting to login with your username rather than your e-mail address?

So you select reset password and then you copy the password sent in the following e-mail, is that right? You should then change your password from your User CP to make it something memorable and secure.

Your web browser may be defaulting back to an original password that you have reset away from; you should get a prompt when you enter a different password.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭migrant

It's just fixed itself, it seems I'm not experiencing that issue today.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement