Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Starship troopers is the business :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Lots of boobies too.

I suspect John Cena will be about 50 by the time it releases :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

First image released:

26903807_10156279800762216_1077793537891226247_n.jpg?oh=1978515f65d6f3d2d47daefe7034e0ac&oe=5AE85055

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That man has no head. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Starship Troopers should have won an Oscar for special effects.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

J. Marston wrote: »

It was too anti military.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I'M DOING MY PART!

No, it was anti bug. The military were the good guys remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I'M DOING MY PART!

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

J. Marston wrote: »
    It was nominated and probably would have won, but went up against Titanic which nothing was beating for visuals back twenty years ago.

Still, it's apparently the first movie with large scale CGI battles. I was about 12/13 when it came out to rent and remember everyone in my class being obsessed with it for a short while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/23/16922558/microsoft-xbox-game-pass-subscription-future-games-microsoft-studios
    Microsoft is planning to bring its own exclusive Xbox games, published through Microsoft Studios, to the company’s Xbox Game Pass subscription. Future games, including Sea of Thieves, will be available via subscription on the same day they’re available to purchase at retail stores or through the Microsoft Store. “The number one request from our customers... was to get new blockbuster games into Game Pass,” explains Microsoft’s games chief, Phil Spencer, in an interview with The Verge.

That’s awesome, I love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Actually I really love that about xbox. Ea access and game pass. Right now I only subbed to Ea access as I got enough to play right now, but I will be getting game pass too. Its very damn handy. Specially when I am a gamer, who junps from system to system every few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

No, it was anti bug. The military were the good guys remember?

#BugLivesMatter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Wow, doing the math here, and it would be cheaper for me to get the game pass, then exclusives new.

Would work out cheaper even if they charge separately for DLC.

Best thing is it's like a netflix model , you can sub for a month when there is something there you want to play then cancel it.

I know MS don't have a huge amount of first party stuff but you would wonder if the likes of gamestop etc are going to feel the pinch.

Best thing is it's like a netflix model , you can sub for a month when there is something there you want to play then cancel it.

I know MS don't have a huge amount of first party stuff but you would wonder if the likes of gamestop etc are going to feel the pinch.

Hopefully, that's a company we'd all be better off without to be honest; absolutely detest that crowd.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm a bit sceptical about the new God of War. It looked kind of crappy when first shown. The second showing was a bit better though. The big issue for me is.... I don't really know what the game is.

I'll be interested in reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'm a bit sceptical about the new God of War. It looked kind of crappy when first shown. The second showing was a bit better though. The big issue for me is.... I don't really know what the game is.

I'll be interested in reviews.

You're completely right, as far as I'm concerned anyway!
    I've loved all the GOW games, bought them all, even psp titles, then bought the HD collections, and the remasters :D

But this game, haven't a notion about it!
    Where's the devs hyping the game?
    Where's the big marketing from Sony with the game on the TV all the time during ad breaks?
    If that's yet to come, they'd want to hurry up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

From what I've seen it's like Naughty Dog took over production.
    Camera seems very tight to the character which would make it difficult to have fights with multiple enemies surrounding at once.
    I wasn't a massive fan of Ascension, partially because of all the times the camera zoomed out so far that I could barely tell Kratos apart from the enemies

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Regarding the Duke Nukem film, as much as I'd like to see one that's faithful to the games, we won't get it. Duke treats women like objects, how well would that go down in todays Flower society?

It could work. Do what forever failed to do. Show how absurd that type of character is in this day and age on the same way Johnny bravo did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It could work. Do what forever failed to do. Show how absurd that type of character is in this day and age on the same way Johnny bravo did it.

Isn't Johnny Bravo as old as Duke Nukem?
    Both were their most popular around 20 years ago. With Duke I'm not sure if not getting the character or sexism was Forever's weakness more the fact practically everything about the game was dated by the time it came out & it felt like a cheap cashgrab.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Isn't Johnny Bravo as old as Duke Nukem?
    Both were their most popular around 20 years ago. With Duke I'm not sure if not getting the character or sexism was Forever's weakness more the fact practically everything about the game was dated by the time it came out & it felt like a cheap cashgrab.

It depends, if they run with "this guy really is a piece of sh**" humour like in Anchorman or Bad Santa, I reckon they could do well too. Not that means he has to be a terrible person, just utterly oblivious to his flaws like Ron Burgundy (doesn't have to be such slapstick type humour either, it's just the first example that came to my mind).

It's tricky, but could be brilliant if they pull it off correctly. I just hope they don't try to erase that part of the character, because it's pointless without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I don't know where I stand with duke movie. I loved first game and that playstation 1 where it was Third person. It was cool at the time to have a badass character like him, but at the same time the games themselves were really damn good too.
    Forever should have been killed off and never released. Like HL3 is killed now. Let us remember duke as old school gaming badass and let him die.

Then again, I would love to see Duke Nukem movie where they throw away all politically correct crap out of the window and just go mad to piss off all those who get offended by everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,286 ✭✭✭✭Penn

marcbrophy wrote: »
    You're completely right, as far as I'm concerned anyway!
    I've loved all the GOW games, bought them all, even psp titles, then bought the HD collections, and the remasters :D

But this game, haven't a notion about it!
    Where's the devs hyping the game?
    Where's the big marketing from Sony with the game on the TV all the time during ad breaks?
    If that's yet to come, they'd want to hurry up :)

We've had a few trailers and a gameplay video. The game is still another 3 months out. Chill for a bit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Penn wrote: »
    We've had a few trailers and a gameplay video. The game is still another 3 months out. Chill for a bit :D

I guess I'm just used to 2 year hype cycles before a game is in your hands!
    Alright so, I'll chill out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Then again, I would love to see Duke Nukem movie where they throw away all politically correct crap out of the window and just go mad to piss off all those who get offended by everything.

You can be politically incorrect but smart, like Anthony Jeselnik or South Park. Duke Nukem is completely meatheaded, juvenile and severely outdated. Unless the film is made with a huge dose of self awareness of the chronic unfunniness of Duke, as RG suggested, it's going to be a steaming pile of poo.

I don't understand the appeal of Duke Nukem at all. I thought he was a spectacularly unfunny parody of action heroes a quarter of a century ago and he's an even worse one now. Let it die already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I don't understand the appeal of Duke Nukem at all.

And yet here you are, telling us all about it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement