Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What age these like (09 Citroen c5 estate)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ask KKV ! His one was a ball.

As an aside. I’d have serious doubts about that mileage being genuine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

colm_mcm wrote: »

Yeah, it seems very much on the low side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

177000km=99000 miles.

LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

colm_mcm wrote: »

Is there any true way of measuring the accuracy of any cars mileage? Interested as I am looking at cars of similar years for my own purchase. The nct can only be used as a guide I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Is there any true way of measuring the accuracy of any cars mileage? Interested as I am looking at cars of similar years for my own purchase. The nct can only be used as a guide I suppose.

Service history, MOTs, car checks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

A good diagnostic check can reveal some interesting things about real mileage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,584 ✭✭✭✭elperello

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/citroen-c5-2009-just-ncted/22176582

Looks like a nice clean example.
    Proceed with caution.

I had a lot of trouble with one after the engine went in it at about 300k km. A lot of the issue was to do with, in my honest opinion, an incompetent garage.

However, despite lots of issues, it's actually being used by my brother for the last year or so, and it hasn't had any hiccups at all, so.. it's back on its feet (Though he's getting a company car soon, i think, so it'll probably end up for sale, or back in my ownership, sooner than later).

Despite the issues I faced, I still think it's a great car all in all. Interior is lovely, it's very comfortable and for long drives there was no other car I ever owned that was better. Other than the fact I've gone off diesel in general, i'd be looking at buying another myself, I'd say. Definitely worth taking one for a spin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

I had a lot of trouble with one after the engine went in it at about 300k km. A lot of the issue was to do with, in my honest opinion, an incompetent garage.

Wasn't yours the 1.6 engine. The 2.0 is a better engine.

Wasn't yours the 1.6 engine. The 2.0 is a better engine.

Yeah! I wanted the 2ltr when I was buying, but there were only two for sale.

One was on Latvian plates I think :rolleyes: and the other had over 500k on the clock (though I only found that out when I motor checked it, as the advertised mileage of something like 90k seemed a bit low).

So I bought the 1.6.

About a week after buying it, there was loads of 2ltr versions on Donedeal. Just my luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

About a week after buying it, there was loads of 2ltr versions on Donedeal. Just my luck!

Murphys law:-)

Advertisement