Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will I get caught.

• 01-12-2017 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭

Hello

See attached map. If travelling from the west and then branching off at Johnstown bridge to go to Kildare train station — will I get caught with the toll payment around this area ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

You won't come across the toll so you'll be fine turning off at Johnstown bridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    You won't come across the toll so you'll be fine turning off at Johnstown bridge

Really? There's a toll booth at the off ramp.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.4103908,-6.8486044,3a,75y,123.95h,83.8t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s3UX_jLu6SmO_u3cq7P9wZA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

In google maps set the navigation options to avoid tolls and it'll route you around them for you. No need to ask here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,152 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

google maps suggests coming off at rochfortbridge, which would avoid enfield entirely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

You will have to come off at Kinnegad and stay on the old N4 to get to Enfield. I'd be fairly certain that there's other cross country roads that bring you to Kildare as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭obi604

ryanch09 wrote: »
    In google maps set the navigation options to avoid tolls and it'll route you around them for you. No need to ask here

Not very helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭markpb

ryanch09 wrote: »
    obi604 wrote: »
    Not very helpful.

Why not? It seems like a valid suggestion to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭howiya

As a learner driver I use google maps avoid highways option regularly to avoid motorways. Would also see nothing wrong with the suggestion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

obi604 wrote: »
    Hello

See attached map. If travelling from the west and then branching off at Johnstown bridge to go to Kildare train station — will I get caught with the toll payment around this area ?

I can confirm there is a toll at Enfield.

If you want to avoid the toll, you must leave the motorway at Kinnegad or earlier.

If you going to Kildare Train Station to get a train, then which direction are you going?

If Dublin, why not just drive to Athlone or Tullamore.
    If Cork or Kerry, Portlaoise perhaps.

Advertisement