Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying an apartment without any management company in place.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RickyG

April 73 wrote: »
    Good news. Glad to hear it worked out in the end. Happy home-owning & painting to you!

Thank you..I'll not lie and say it was all smooth sailing..lots of times I nearly pulled the plug but I got good solicitor and lender in the end..Thanks to all for advice and input..apartment upstairs is for sale now too so hope prospective buyers learn something from my experiences. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Frances1

Hi,

I am buying an apartment similar to your situation. Where did you get your insurance from? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

You would also need to look into who owns the common areas, green areas, trees, kerbing, roads.

The councils no longer maintain green areas in estates, so who is ultimately responsible for maintenance and repairs to these areas. If the roads in are covered in snow who will clear them.

I'd love to know what exactly councils are still covering in estates given that people are paying a property tax. We have already seen FF talk about deductions to the property tax because of that.

I see a lot of new estates have no boundary walls outside the front entrance of houses. So how exactly do you stop someone from encroaching on your entrance if all that ground outside your entrance is common area.

Interesting article here where the legal ownership of green areas was raised.
    http://www.eastcorkjournal.ie/hundreds-of-green-areas-still-remain-in-developers-hands-after-housing-estates-taken-in-charge-by-cork-county-council/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭virgo69

Frances1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am buying an apartment similar to your situation. Where did you get your insurance from? Thanks

Mine is through Alliance, but I could only get it through a broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RickyG

Frances1 wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi there.. I got my finance from ebs and they pushed for insurance from the company they are kind of affiliated with to keep everything simple and in the one place so to speak.. worked out fine..once mortgage paid off can shop around anywhere I like then..

Advertisement