Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage application

Options
  • 03-02-2011 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi All

Need a bit of advise here, we have a site myself and my partner in joint names (we are not married) but i want to apply for the mortgage in my own name as my partner isnt working and has been self employed for a few years but hasnt really earned any money at all, so if we applied together im afraid they will see him as a dependant on my income and may not give me a mortgage.

Has anybody had a similiar situation and is it possible for me to apply for the mortgage to build a house on the site that is in both our names or would i have to get the site in my name only? :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mppw

I had a similar situation applying for a mortgage last year, except our site was solely in my boyfriends name. So the mortgage was put in both our names but only my income was considered for the mortgage as my Boyfriend wasn't in permanent employment at the time. The bank didn't view my Boyfriend as my dependent, they just didn't use his earnings at all in calculating our mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 alley2020

Thats intersting, i would have thought they would be a bit sketchy about that, well that makes me feel alot better thanks.

I persume you got approved after all? Did it take long

Advertisement