Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How do I get my landlord PPS number ?

Options
  • 28-01-2011 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

I had a landlord and he was not registered and refused to give me his pps number.

I paid them money into his wife's account ever month.

How do I get his pps number ?

or even his real address

I have the bank account number I put the money into.

Any Ideas...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

None. Banks won't go giving out addresses to just anyone, and your PPS no. is something that you and you alone should know.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

I have the address for the property he rents and his phone number ?

I am in going to prtb monday to claim my deposit off him.

will they be able to get me his pps number ?

could I report him for tax fraud for the apartment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I have the address for the property he rents and his phone number ?

I am in going to prtb monday to claim my deposit off him.

will they be able to get me his pps number ?

could I report him for tax fraud for the apartment ?

Good luck with this, but i doubt there is much you can do. The only option open to you is Detailing the property address, your land lords name, account details (including name on the account) to the PRTB who may decide to investigate, it would also assist your case if you had a signed rental agreement.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭eefums

if its to claim rent relief I have claimed for a landlord before that I didnt have his PPS number, however I did have his home address adn phone number.
    Still got my moolah from the govmt

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Minier81

eefums wrote: »
    if its to claim rent relief I have claimed for a landlord before that I didnt have his PPS number, however I did have his home address adn phone number.
    Still got my moolah from the govmt

+1 for that above.

If you want the pps number for tax relief, you can claim without it. My landlord kept "forgetting" to give me her pps number so eventually I stopped asking and sent a letter to the revenue along with my tax relief claim form, explaining the problem and giving all the details I had for my landlord. Got my extra tax relief and got tax back for 3 previous years at that address.

For the prtb I would try the same approach just give them all the info you have about him/her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭ted1

have you asked him for your deposit?

Its 5 to 6 weeks notice I have read the for notice for full refund.

We gave him 4 weeks notice on the when we rang him the first time to tell him we were moving out that was the start of the 4 weeks and he said he was on holiday.

week later he said he was not on holiday. so it was 3 weeks to him.

Refused to give us deposit back I threated prtb at him and he still refused.

going to prtb tomorrow to hand in all info I know about him.

We had lived there 2 years 3 months and at the time we were on a 6 months contract.

Now in them 2 and a 3 months we recieved no copy of any contracts what so ever.

Point blank refused to give us a copy.

ted1 wrote: »
    have you asked him for your deposit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

What exactly do you need his PPSN for?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

testicle wrote: »
    What exactly do you need his PPSN for?
    I'm also wondering this...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

the_syco wrote: »
    I'm also wondering this...

To claim rent relief I would imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭MRBEAVER

Also required for residents parking permits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Is it on the lease? That's where I got my landlords PPS number for the tax lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭robd

Its 5 to 6 weeks notice I have read the for notice for full refund.

We gave him 4 weeks notice on the when we rang him the first time to tell him we were moving out that was the start of the 4 weeks and he said he was on holiday.

week later he said he was not on holiday. so it was 3 weeks to him.

Refused to give us deposit back I threated prtb at him and he still refused.

going to prtb tomorrow to hand in all info I know about him.

We had lived there 2 years 3 months and at the time we were on a 6 months contract.

Now in them 2 and a 3 months we recieved no copy of any contracts what so ever.

Point blank refused to give us a copy.

Best to contact threshold.ie for advice, given you stand to lose money. Advice on here while well intentioned tends to be conflicting.

If you were on fixed term lease, then it's typically 4 weeks notice.

If rolled out of that then you're covered under tenancy acts.

Less than 6 months 28 days
    6 or more months but less than 1 year 35 days
    1 year or more but less than 2 years 42 days
    2 or more years 56 days

If you're on fixed term lease of 6 months then you generally can't give notice till that 6 months is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Not much point going to the PRTB if he's not registered. They'll only tell him to get registered for the next tenant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

pooch90 wrote: »
    To claim rent relief I would imagine.

You don't need it to claim.

PPS Number/Tax Registration of Landlord/Agent
    If this number is known/available to you please insert in the box overleaf. If unknown, please leave blank.

You're not even asked for it if you claim it via PAYE Anytime...

but Im told the prtb can get my deposit back.
    EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Not much point going to the PRTB if he's not registered. They'll only tell him to get registered for the next tenant.

Advertisement