Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice area's in Tallaght?

Options
  • 28-01-2011 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, Im originally from Clondalkin and now looking for somewhere new to rent, I've been checking out a few places in the south county Dublin area and a lot of places pop up in the Tallaght area but I'm unsure of what these estates are like to live in. Obviously some area's can have a bad rep so just wondering where in Tallaght people would recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Thread about Tallaght here you might find useful.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056146374

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

When I was looking to buy I looked in Kingswood a lot, and missed out on a few places in there due to bidding wars going on!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Good areas in Tallaght include Bancroft, Old Bawn, most of Aylesbury, Kingswood, and Belgard Heights. Slightly down from that you would have Springfield, the areas left and right of the Seskin View Road (Newbawn, Milbrook, Mountain Park), Watergate, and Balrothery. Bottom of the pile would be Jobstown, Killinarden, Bolbrook, Tymon North.

It really can vary from street to street in some parts though.

Post up the ads of a few places you have in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

I live in Tallaght.

If I were you I'd go slightly up the road and rent in Citywest (past the shopping centre, not before it in Jobstown).

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Belgard, Kingswood, Old Bawn and Kilnamanagh are all fine spots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Belfry,All around city west areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Blondie2011

U can't go far wrong with Old Bawn in Tallaght and surrounding. I used to rent in Ellensborough up the Kiltipper road, not bad either.

Good luck :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Belgard, Kingswood, Old Bawn and Kilnamanagh are all fine spots.

Agree with that. Never liked City West, too far out and a lot of rentals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 supersizeme

cheers for the help everyone! don't have any estates in mind just yet but it's nice to know which one's to look further into and which to avoid!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

Why not move to a decent area like Terenure or even Templeogue?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Kosseegan wrote: »
    Why not move to a decent area like Terenure or even Templeogue?
    All of the mentioned areas are exactly as "decent" as Terenure or Templeogue - normal middle class areas, except with better transport links, facilities and amenities.

Advertisement