Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DART Monthly Tickets going up by €30?!?!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Nostradamus

This is a country borrowing 22 Billion euros a year to pay our so called "public" employees between 2/3 and Double what they are paid in the rest of Europe. We in the private sector have to be fair and help carry this load. You are being selfish and unkind. Go back to work. Slave like an animal for SIPTU and IMAPCT.

Afterall, sure CIE provides us with the world's greatest public transport provider and they are worth their sensational salaries by all European standards.

You pay top money for world class service...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LeotCol

God I love my world class service that I pay top money for... I love how they don't concider the trains late unless they are over ten minutes late... I love how they overcrowded they get... I love how the seats were genuinely designed for the average asian male so that two fully grown european males cannot sit comfortably opposite each other... sure I'll keep paying them the goddamn money... like I have any choice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

LeotCol wrote: »
    I heard the prices are going to up in January or something. I heard 103 for a ticket, I assumed this meant that the bus and rail ticket going up to that. And that the regular monthly dart and commuter would go up by ten or something too.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004179B0903CF3?artistid=952780&majorcatid=10005&minorcatid=0

But looking at that....I can barely afford it now, what the hell are those f**ks thinking

The ticket has been priced at €103 since last November, having previously been €90. I've no idea where you are getting a €30 increase in price????

There have been no further price increases advised as of yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭shltter

This is a country borrowing 22 Billion euros a year to pay our so called "public" employees between 2/3 and Double what they are paid in the rest of Europe. We in the private sector have to be fair and help carry this load. You are being selfish and unkind. Go back to work. Slave like an animal for SIPTU and IMAPCT.

Afterall, sure CIE provides us with the world's greatest public transport provider and they are worth their sensational salaries by all European standards.

First off as you well know CIE are not public employees

Secondly were are you getting bull**** like CIE employees are earning double the rest of Europe and I expect a genuine comparison with other European countries with a similar cost of living as Ireland ( No point including former Eastern Block Countries in an attempt to distort the figures).

Thirdly as KC61 has pointed out there is no increase to €103 it has been €103 for nearly a year. Which works out at about €3.43 a day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Which european transport agency are you comparing salaries with CIE??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

LeotCol wrote: »
    God I love my world class service that I pay top money for... I love how they don't concider the trains late unless they are over ten minutes late...e

Thats been changed to 5 on the last set of statistics
    shltter wrote: »
    First off as you well know CIE are not public employees

Public / semi public - same thing still overpaid unionised wasters gents who want extra money to do anything new regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Similar story here. I got an annual commuter ticket this year - cost €840. Cost next year - over €1100.....a 30% increase (deflation me hole!). **** you CIE - I'm driving next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Polar101

Where do you guys get your prices from? I paid 1185€ this year for an annual short hop (bus/rail) ticket, and it seems to be 1190€ next year. It was 1035€ the year before (~15% increase).

€3.26 a day minus taxes isn't bad value in my opinion.

Polar101 wrote: »
    Where do you guys get your prices from? I paid 1185€ this year for an annual short hop (bus/rail) ticket, and it seems to be 1190€ next year. It was 1035€ the year before (~15% increase).

regardless of that small increase, why is it not coming down by at least 5% in line with deflation:confused:

Polar101 wrote: »

My price is from BE/IR (who set the price) via my employer. Regardless of value, a 30% increase can in no way be justified.

• Advertisement

My price is from BE/IR (who set the price) via my employer. Regardless of value, an increase can in no way be justified.

FYP ;)

My price is from BE/IR (who set the price) via my employer. Regardless of value, a 30% increase can in no way be justified.

Can I ask what ticket you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Is it possible that you are confusing the Gross price of the ticket with the actual price including the tax rebate?

As said previously there have been no increases since Jan 09.

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Is it possible that you are confusing the Gross price of the ticket with the actual price including the tax rebate?.
    No.
    KC61 wrote: »
    Can I ask what ticket you have?
    Annual Cobh rail line and Cork city/suburbs bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

Does that ticket now entitle you to use the Midleton line also? If so there could be some justification for an increase in price as the network your ticket is valid on has increased a good bit.

dereko1969 wrote: »
    Does that ticket now entitle you to use the Midleton line also? If so there could be some justification for an increase in price as the network your ticket is valid on has increased a good bit.

No, separate ticket for Midleton line.

Annual Cobh rail line and Cork city/suburbs bus.

That seems a phenomenal increase. Are you sure that the taxsaver administrator got it right either last year or this year?

I can't tell because the prices aren't online, but it doesn't sound right.

Given the monthly ticket is EUR 100, I would have expected it to be EUR 1,000 for the annual ticket - so that you get two months free.

Something doesn't add up - were you charged the right price for 2009?

Check with the Taxsaver office at 01-7034639.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

1. Can someone change the title, it went up 13 euro nearly a year ago

2. Padraig Mor what where you paying in 2009. Given the taxsaver tickets don't print the price on them there is a lot of confusion

1. Can someone change the title, it went up 13 euro nearly a year ago

2. Padraig Mor what where you paying in 2009. Given the taxsaver tickets don't print the price on them there is a lot of confusion
    Paying €847 this year. €1100 next year.
    KC61 wrote: »
    That seems a phenomenal increase. Are you sure that the taxsaver administrator got it right either last year or this year?

I can't tell because the prices aren't online, but it doesn't sound right.

Given the monthly ticket is EUR 100, I would have expected it to be EUR 1,000 for the annual ticket - so that you get two months free.

Something doesn't add up - were you charged the right price for 2009?

Check with the Taxsaver office at 01-7034639.
    Not 100% sure on this (maybe 95%) but I believe the 'standard' (i.e. non- taxsaver) monthly ticket was €85 this year - and €100 this year. So people buying month to month will have a 18% increase. For the annual ticket, they seem to have gone from 10 x €85 to 11 x €100. I have the number of the person in BE who apparently sets the prices but can't get hold of him. Probably off 'sick' or soemthing....

Paying €847 this year. €1100 next year.

Not 100% sure on this (maybe 95%) but I believe the 'standard' (i.e. non- taxsaver) monthly ticket was €85 this year - and €100 this year. So people buying month to month will have a 18% increase. For the annual ticket, they seem to have gone from 10 x €85 to 11 x €1100. I have the number of the person in BE who apparently sets the prices but can't get hold of him. Probably off 'sick' or soemthing....

I would definitely follow it up - it seems very strange.

The number on the Bus Eireann website is 021 4508188.

• Advertisement
Advertisement