Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I get from Dundrum shopping center to custom house quay

• 03-11-2009 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Recently moved to Dundrum (near the shopping center) but am currently working in the custom house quay area, what is the easiest way for me to get to work, even to O Connel street, what is the most direct bus, if i get the luas, what bus would get me to work quickest from stevens green. Any help would be most appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭MiniD

The 14, 14A and 48A all go from Dundrum to O'Connell Street. The 44 and 44C will take you to Townsend Street. The 44/C and 48A are direct enough to town while the 14s travel via Ballinteer, Churchtown and Rathmines.

If you want a connection from the Luas at Stephen's Green, the best option is to get the 15,15A or 15B from the top of Dawson Street (2 min walk). These bring you to Eden Quay which is 1 minute walk from Custom House Quay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,343 ✭✭✭markpb

I make this journey every evening. Luas + 15 or 128 is the best bet but it's an 8 minute slow-cycle if you rent a bike. There's a stand at St Stephens Green south/westand another on the quays in front of Custom House.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭hk

markpb wrote: »
    I make this journey every evening. Luas + 15 or 128 is the best bet but it's an 8 minute slow-cycle if you rent a bike. There's a stand at St Stephens Green south/westand another on the quays in front of Custom House.

Super, exactly what I was looking for.

One more question, what is the best ticket option, trying to figure out the luas/bus tickets and the pre paid smartcards, what would be best to get abd where do i get it.

Thanks for the help so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,343 ✭✭✭markpb

hk wrote: »
    One more question, what is the best ticket option, trying to figure out the luas/bus tickets and the pre paid smartcards, what would be best to get abd where do i get it.

The monthly ticket just for the Luas green line is €71. You can get a combined DB and Luas monthly ticket for €113. If you can get them through your work, they'll be 20% or 40% cheaper. I think it's a bit expensive to pay for the bus add-on for such a short journey though.

If I were you, I'd pay €10 for an annual Dublin Bike card and pick up a 30 day Dublin Bus rambler which you can use for any 30 days. Keep it as a backup for when it's too cold or wet to cycle. Pick up a bike at SSG-south and cycle along this route. You can optionally skip the last part and walk up Lombard St if you want. It's a nice short cycle with very little traffic so it's very safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

Presumably you could use the 50c cityshopper fare on Dublin Bus, in which case you'd be better off paying cash each time on the bus and just get the Luas monthly ticket. Though as others have stated the Dublin Bikes option might be better, also the 'rank' on Molesworth Street tends to have more bikes available on it than the Stephens Green one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement