Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost property in a taxi - call out?

Options
  • 02-11-2009 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I left my mobile in a taxi on Friday night (going from Sth Anne Street to Lucan at 1:20 am) after my first night out since baby was born. I have tried the carriage office but nothing has been handed in (yet, hopefully!).

I was wondering if there's any system by which drivers communicate with eachother that could put a call out for the phone? Sounds stupid but I don't care about the phone (freebie from my hubby who works for a phone company) or the sim (a work phone) but I have taken loads of photos of my daughter on this since her birth and not yet transferred them over to my computer as the cable wasn't working.

Am gutted to think I may have lost the photos and would even take photos off and hand phone back to whoever has it if they want it.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Hate to sound like a bringer of bad news but I'd say you have no chance of getting it back, especially if its a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Do you have a taxi recepit, if you do the carriage office will be able to help you then, if not, I don't know what you are going to do, sorry.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sunsparks

Thanks for your replies. No receipt (unfortunately), and I wouldn't mind but I gave him a good tip too as I was feeling rather generous! Typical... :D

Yes, I think I've got to accept that there's no hope. I've contacted the Carriage Office but they say you've just got to wait until it's handed in. It's not a very swanky phone (a Samsung) but has a nice camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

It's entirely possible the next passenger in the taxi found and kept your phone so even if you had the most honest of taxi drivers he mightn't have found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Anytime I get stuff in my cab, I find it is actually easier to return it to the person personally if I recall or know where they lived/worked. I'd give it a few days to turn up as not every cabbie will find it straight off, check his car or to get a chance to track it's proper home; here's hoping for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

I presume you've tried ringing the phone? Is it switched on?

i left my phone in a taxi a few years ago. I phoned it the next day and the taxi man answered it. He very kindly dropped it back to me in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sunsparks

Yes, tried calling it that night when I got home and realised it was gone (5 mins after I went through the door) and tried again the next morning. However, I think it was on silent so that wouldn't have helped.

Also texted it with my address in case it was found.

Had to suspend the number then as it was a work phone and couldn't risk someone running up a huge bill on it.

Advertisement