Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas question. Green line

Options
  • 24-11-2017 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi all, this is probably a ridiculous question but can anyone explain the workings of the green line. Specifically getting from Stephens green to brides glen. My son was coming home from Stephens green and the luas stopped at sandyford and everyone got off as if it was last stop. Is there still one luas that stops at sandyford only and one for brides glen? Very confused

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Yes, the green line terminates at either Sandyford or Brides Glen. The final destination is stated on the front of the tram, and on the 'next tram' indicator at the stop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if it's still the same as when i was getting the luas out there - two out of every three trams terminate in sandyford, one in three go out to brides glen.
    if you get on one of the sandyford trams, you get off in sandyford and wait for a brides glen tram, no extra cost.

it would have/should have said on the front of the tram, and on the platform, whether the tram was terminating in sandyford or brides glen.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

He needs to check the tram before he gets on - as above, it it on the front of the tram and also on the stop. As far as I know it's every other tram that goes all the way to Brides Glen, the rest finish at the Sandyford depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭XPS_Zero

A lot of the rush hour trams stop at Sandyford too, so just check before you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jenny81

Thanks all so much for that, as you can see I don’t use the luas that much and was very confused when he told me it had stopped at sandyford. Thought they all went on to brides glen now. Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭traveller0101

So when the next one comes, is it generally empty by then or do you have to squeeze on?

There might be slightly more space than the last rush hour tram enough for you to get on.
    It's already time to upgrade the southern Green line to Metro IMO and bring it to bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

jenny81 wrote: »
    Thought they all went on to brides glen now. Thanks again

There would not be sufficient traffic to justify every tram going all the way to Cherrywood and Bride's Glen.
    It is very simple to step off the tram at Sandyford or earlier, and board the next tram to BG.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

So when the next one comes, is it generally empty by then or do you have to squeeze on?
    I imagine busy, but not packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Something as simple as allowing the front 1 or 2 coaches be for "all stops after Sandyford" and sending the back ones towards the city again would sort this out far more efficiently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Something as simple as allowing the front 1 or 2 coaches be for "all stops after Sandyford" and sending the back ones towards the city again would sort this out far more efficiently

have you ever seen a Luas tram? They can't just be split.

Maybe we should add that as a feature to have the system detect and auto-eject any tresspassers on the Green line from the 'Blue' line north of Connoly
    God only knows what kind of feral riff raff might be invading our enclaves when they open it, gawd.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

XPS_Zero wrote: »
    Maybe we should add that as a feature to have the system detect and auto-eject any tresspassers on the Green line from the 'Blue' line north of Connoly
    God only knows what kind of feral riff raff might be invading our enclaves when they open it, gawd.

I hope this is only in jest, as when the DART service was introduced it did result in an upsurge of crime in the leafy southside. Don't ask for links - just based on anecdotal evidence and living there.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I hope this is only in jest, as when the DART service was introduced it did result in an upsurge of crime in the leafy southside. Don't ask for links - just based on anecdotal evidence and living there.

It's only half in jest TBH lol

This would be a one way affair, there may be skinny skangers in white tracksuits with baseball caps pointing at the sky going to Dundrum lookin for some good stealin, there wont' be guys in body hugging Leinster jerseys with fringes pointing at the sky and barbie girls with guchi bags going to Phibsboro for a mocha late :p

Even if they don't steal they might just take the look off the place! The horror!

Advertisement