Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems after buying Bus Eireann blue zone ticket on leap card app

• 12-10-2017 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has bought a Bus Eireann weekly ticket from the leap card app? I followed the steps and bought it, money was taken and I can see the ticket on my card on the app and on the website, but when I present it on the bus, their ticket reader doesn't detect it. I rang leap card customer services and everything is fine from their end. They can see it and they say it should just work when I put it on the bus card reader. The only thing I can see is it says it hasn't been activated but they said that should happen when I use it the first time. I've paid out over €60 for the ticket and the bus driver wouldn't listen to me and took another €8.80 from my card last night to pay for a single. If anyone knows if I need to do anything else, please let me know. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

You need to ring Bus Eireann, problem seems to be on their end if LEAP card people are telling you it's fine on their end. Also demand your €8,80 back.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lisa78

Thanks. Yeah, I got into a bit of an argument with the driver when he took that money off my card, because I needed it for the train. So next port of call is BE customer services, and I just wanted to see if anyone had come across it before. I will be getting my money back :-)

I rang BE and they just transferred me to leap card customer services, after me saying I had been talking to them, and without telling me they were doing it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

How did you load it?

Through the app - I thought maybe it had to be activated but they've said it should just work. I followed the instructions and it is on the card.

• Advertisement

One of the drivers was able to activate it, but said the ticket was hidden away under Other Products and he had to mess around to find it. It worked once then and now isn't registering on the machine again. Luckily the drivers have accepted it once I've shown them the details on the app. I think it must be something to do with the fact that it was loaded onto the card via the app, so I definitely won't be doing that again!

I was talking to another person who had the same problem after buying a ticket via the app so I've reported it to leap card as something they might want to look into. Hopefully they can sort it as because it's a handy function to have on the app.

Advertisement