Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP I’m hopeless at interior design

• 09-03-2019 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi,

I am hopeless at interior design and I am very minilistic with what I like. I have these two presses at either side of steps that lead up to the kitchen. I don’t like the way I’ve arranged the photos etc in them at the moment. I think its cluttered, old fashioned and i don’t think it looks anyway connected. Has anyone any ideas on what I would do with this space. I like photographs and candles but I’m not really into all the glass displayed etc. Would full length presses look nice?

Ignore the bundle of clothes to be ironed :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Vetch

The spaces look narrow enough but I'm sure a company could make you presses to fit. I've been looking up cabinetry companies lately and there's some beautiful work out there but I guess you'll need to decide what function you want the presses to fulfil. Or even put a large floor plant on one side with piece of art or mirror behind it if you don't need two presses.

On photos, there are a lot of collage type frames available or companies like Photobox would print collage canvases. Photobox always seems to have a sale on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

starface wrote: »
    Hi,

I am hopeless at interior design and I am very minilistic with what I like. I have these two presses at either side of steps that lead up to the kitchen. I don’t like the way I’ve arranged the photos etc in them at the moment. I think its cluttered, old fashioned and i don’t think it looks anyway connected. Has anyone any ideas on what I would do with this space. I like photographs and candles but I’m not really into all the glass displayed etc. Would full length presses look nice?

Ignore the bundle of clothes to be ironed :)

1. The existing presses will never look good. I'd pull them out

2. A good rule of thumb can be applied here: make sure you can see corners (or rooms). A waist high unit that doesn't extend to full width of the alcove would work well

3. A number of hardwood shelves - where you don't have a unit but hang the shelves with invisible, near invisible mounts, wall to wall would work too. The mounts would be like the little studs holds the glass shelves now - just that they'd be fixed to the walls and the shelves laid on them. Consider such shelves going all the way up to ceiling for height dramatic effect.

You could do waist high unit on one side with lamp and decent picture overhead and shelves all the way up the otherside with books predominant.

4. Photos should be good quality, large enough to see and be framed nicely. Little 6x4's with a number of people in them are just too small

Advertisement