Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painter costs?

Options
  • 03-03-2019 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

I've a four bed semi-d to paint and its needs some work on the walls for filling and sanding etc. The whole house needs to be painted inside and out, it will be north of €1k I reckon but that's not the issue.

I had a painter (typical jack of all trades clown) asked and he came about two weeks ago to make a start on the master bedroom, filled a few holes and basic stuff.

Anyway he didn't come back since, I rang him this morning and told him to collect his stuff from the backyard and not to expect one brown penny for being such a lying tramp. Four different days he was a no-show.

I've no problem to pay a man to do the work, it will cost X amount but it needs to be done, what I need is a guy who will actually show up when he says and if he can't be honest enough to ring and say I can't come tomorrow but I'll be there Wednesday or whatever.

Is there any proper painting companies in the Cork/Kerry region who I can contact as I've had enough of these absolute self employed chancers who think their skill set is that of a brain surgeon and that no one else will do their work.

In contrast I had a magnificent electrician who couldn't be more obliging and had the time keeping of a Japanese train.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,540 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

A four bed semi D is going to cost you far more than a grand to paint inside and out. You'd be looking at more than that for the outside alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

o1s1n wrote: »
    A four bed semi D is going to cost you far more than a grand to paint inside and out. You'd be looking at more than that for the outside alone.

He did say the price isn’t an issue, it’s unprofessional tradespeople.
    Sorry OP, I have nothing to add other than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

i was budgeting over €1k easily for inside as there was some botch jobs before and filling of old holes etc, a fair bit of sanding to be done after too. For outside it would start with powerwashing and removal of that bloody red fungus before painting also. I'm treating it as two projects and I'd say I won't get any change from €3k. I'm happy to pay extra for good quality work and lads who arrive on time. As luck would have it another man whom I rang this morning is on site as I speak and was glad of the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

I know of a very good painter in Beaufort. If you want to drop me a pm, I'll send you his details.

Advertisement