Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DAB News

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

That's unnecessarily obnoxious tbh, I didn't claim that I had seen all the proposals.

But enlighten me, what is the answer?

Isn't the official position that they're exploring ways to do it?

Ah Former, you know I was being facetious with that response, it even had a winky face! You and I have debated long enough on boards.ie to know that it shouldn't be taken that seriously.

What is the answer to what? I don't think I had asked a question.

The official position (which in fairness to them has been pretty consistent for 10 years now!) is that they will look in the future at the potential of digital platforms but that as of now, there is no licencing plan for DAB, nor will they be inviting/accepting applications for MUX operators. Current strategy document talks about the potential to set up a group to look at the potential to look at the area in the next "few years" to quote them.

Simon ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Jank1

It looks like that trial just flickered & died

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,139 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Jank1 wrote: »
    It looks like that trial just flickered & died

which one?

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Jank1

which one?

The one broadcasting all 43 stations on dab+ in Dublin. It doesn't seem to be still on air and no details were published if it was deemed successful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,139 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Jank1 wrote: »
    The one broadcasting all 43 stations on dab+ in Dublin. It doesn't seem to be still on air and no details were published if it was deemed successful

the one ran by freedab? that mux was raided unfortunately as it was a pirate, i presume it was to return but covid probably put paid to it for now.
    or are you talking about the small scale mux trial which i think was operated from the rte campus? think that was operated by viamux but can't remember, it finished it's trial period anyway.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Cube98

RTE to close down their Dab network ?

YOU'RE A WINNER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭BuzzG

Is FreeDab still operating? Their website has a rather cryptic message on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Freedab.ie now reporting they are in the process of applying for a trial broadcasting licence from Comreg. (20/03/21)

Edit: Their webpage has reverted to a holding slate. (21/03/21)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭BuzzG

Fair play to them, I admire them trying to get a new business up and running and offering consumers more choice in the process. I hope they are successful in getting the trial license and ultimately can make it a licensed operation.

Advertisement