Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double transactions

Options
  • 19-03-2019 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭

I've two identical credits showing in my account via the app today....and two identical debits (card payments)

I know that there was only one if each processed.....what's going on in BOI that this is happening? I remember something similar a few weeks ago

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭amber2

Sometimes see transactions double post to accounts this time of night, they usually fall off, keep an eye on your account. Balance reflected should be correct despite the double posting.

Edit I’ve double posting of 3 POS transactions this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

amber2 wrote: »
    Sometimes see transactions double post to accounts this time of night, they usually fall off, keep an eye on your account. Balance reflected should be correct despite the double posting.

Thanks...Balance does seem right.....it's just mad that it happens regularly. I know BOI are upgrading systems but likes of this never happened in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

I have a direct debit showing up twice too 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

368100 wrote: »
    I've two identical credits showing in my account via the app today....and two identical debits (card payments)

I know that there was only one if each processed.....what's going on in BOI that this is happening? I remember something similar a few weeks ago

Hi 368100,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. Sometimes if you are looking at your account during bookkeeping some transactions may show as duplications on the account. When bookkeeping has fully taken place the transactions will rectify and drop of the account. We would ask that you log into your account this morning to see if this has rectified for you.

Please feel free to get in touch with us if we can help with anything else.

Thanks Jen

Hi 368100,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. Sometimes if you are looking at your account during bookkeeping some transactions may show as duplications on the account. When bookkeeping has fully taken place the transactions will rectify and drop of the account. We would ask that you log into your account this morning to see if this has rectified for you.

Please feel free to get in touch with us if we can help with anything else.

Thanks Jen

So is this just one of those "That's just the way it is so accept it" things or is BoI working to correct the issue that could cause a lot of confusion?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi 368100,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Can I ask was this rectified when you checked your account this morning as bookkeeping should only take place for a short period of time during the evening.

Just to mention this does not impact your overall balance.

Thanks,

Lorna

Hi 368100,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Can I ask was this rectified when you checked your account this morning as bookkeeping should only take place for a short period of time during the evening.

Just to mention this does not impact your overall balance.

Thanks,

Lorna

Hi Lorna, it's not showing now but I'd appreciate an answer to the question I asked!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

I completely understand 368100,

This is how the 365 system is set up and we do not have the option of preventing this.

I can assure you once again that your balance is not impacted during this short space of time in the evening.

Thanks,

Lorna

I completely understand 368100,

This is how the 365 system is set up and we do not have the option of preventing this.

I can assure you once again that your balance is not impacted during this short space of time in the evening.

Thanks,

Lorna

Of course you have an option, it's to fix the system! But you choose not to (I dont mean you personally)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭bessboroughboy

My guess is that it's their system's way of "catching up with things"

First, we're given the impression that our transactions are taking place in real time
    but those "virtual" timing details are later replaced by the "actual" timing details

Try asking them about your money leaving your account instantly but then spending a day or two, or three,
    doing magical loop the loops & somersaults before it reaches it's destination

But hey, the longer it's missing, the more it can be used in other ways!!!

I could be wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

It's not deliberate. It's just an old legacy system that hasn't dealt with new point of sale transactions that well. They could cope with ATM transactions when they became popular, but point of sale contactless and Visa Debit transactions exploded in frequency, and they haven't dealt with them as successfully. They haven't reconciled shadow postings and permanent postings very well. AIB seem to have it cracked, whatever way they are doing it. Hopefully the new BOI computer system will address these issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

BOIs system has been doing this nonsense for years. I moved to another bank because I needed to be sure of what was going on in my account.....not having to wonder overnight/weekend what my real balance was.

Its a feature you might expect of a bank in 1980s....not in 2019.

Advertisement