Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickmill Silvano voltage

Options
  • 18-03-2019 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Received Silvano in last view days. When I opened it up discovered that the power lead had an American connection. Also says 120 Volts as per photo. The Quickmill box has a 220-240 V stamp on outside. However an adapter plug for the American to 3-pin plug was included. Cannot get in touch with seller.
    Does anyone know if this model can be used safely or does anyone have a similar model that they could share info about?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Hi
    Received Silvano in last view days. When I opened it up discovered that the power lead had an American connection. Also says 120 Volts as per photo. The Quickmill box has a 220-240 V stamp on outside. However an adapter plug for the American to 3-pin plug was included. Cannot get in touch with seller.
    Does anyone know if this model can be used safely or does anyone have a similar model that they could share info about?
    Thanks

Edit

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would doubt it would work, and certainly do not try it as you risk frying it.

The likes of power adaptors for laptops might work at varying voltages, but these are low power. Most stuff with high power heating elements would need a new element. The rating plate should also say if it was suited to higher.

rubadub wrote: »
    I would doubt it would work, and certainly do not try it as you risk frying it.

The likes of power adaptors for laptops might work at varying voltages, but these are low power. Most stuff with high power heating elements would need a new element. The rating plate should also say if it was suited to higher.

I've discovered the error. The quickmill box has a different serial number to that of the actual machine. What a F**k up! Right box wrong machine. So fed up with this well known and now once well-regarded online native company.

Have a borrowed machine in the meantime from the aforementioned company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

I've discovered the error. The quickmill box has a different serial number to that of the actual machine. What a F**k up! Right box wrong machine. So fed up with this well known and now once well-regarded online native company.

Have a borrowed machine in the meantime from the aforementioned company.

What company did you buy it from? Lots of the threads here over the years advising folks to avoid coffeitalia whom I see are selling this.

donnacha wrote: »
    What company did you buy it from? Lots of the threads here over the years advising folks to avoid coffeitalia whom I see are selling this.

Not them in fairness. Im dealing with an Irish company based in Galway. I can pm you the name if you like. I just found out that quickmill dispatched a load of American Silvano Evo to Ireland and I ended up getting one. Fault lies squarely with the Italians. As the yanks would say I'm pretty pissed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Not them in fairness. Im dealing with an Irish company based in Galway. I can pm you the name if you like. I just found out that quickmill dispatched a load of American Silvano Evo to Ireland and I ended up getting one. Fault lies squarely with the Italians. As the yanks would say I'm pretty pissed.

Nightmare. Hope you get sorted soon. Keep us posted, fingers crossed they don't take too much longer now to sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Fault lies squarely with the Italians.
    who the hell is putting the adapter plug in though?

Luckily you were smart enough to cop it, but if it actually was shipped with it I expect many would have just plugged it in -while if no adapter was included they might have checked a bit more.

Maybe it is a plug to go from EU or US to UK/Irish. I would be rewiring a new plug to a device of that power.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Good guy......I’m sure he’ll see you right.

Advertisement