Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggest a location with a few nice boutiques

• 05-03-2019 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've a few family weddings coming up (close family) and am going to go for a night away with a friend looking for outfits. Someone has suggested Wexford for boutiques or up North Newry or Cookstown.
    Anywhere with a few nice independent shops and an excuse for a road trip!

Any suggestions? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭jos28

A trip to Gorey could be worthwhile. Some very nice shops to browse.
    I like https://www.rubyrouge.ie/
    Liz Collins is a small shop with a huge selection of gorgeous one off dresses. Prices are good too.
    https://lizcollinsboutique.com/

La Creme is popular but more suitable for Mother of the Bride
    https://lacremeboutique.com/

There are good spots for accessories too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Athlone?
    Stay in Sheraton, have a couple of treatments in the spa, shopping centre and decent boutiques, drinks in Sean's, dinner in any number of places, boat trip on the Shannon, leave car at home and take the train.
    Bliss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Henrib

Thanks.......both great options :)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Naas has nice boutiques and you could stay somewhere nice like the Kilashee Hotel.
    Kilkenny also has a lot of nice boutiques.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Naas has nice boutiques and you could stay somewhere nice like the Kilashee Hotel.
    Kilkenny also has a lot of nice boutiques.

Naas. It has no hight street shops I'm aware of. I had two family wedding last year. Both outfits got in Naas and weren't expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Naas. It has no hight street shops I'm aware of. I had two family wedding last year. Both outfits got in Naas and weren't expensive

You will also have newbridge nearby too which has high street shops and vanity fair boutique which is very popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

Supposedly Ennis in Co Clare is the Boutique capital of Ireland.

The town has more ladies clothes shops than any other town in the Republic.

Cornucopia is quite popular amongst a lot more.

Clare is a beautiful county... Plenty of accommodation, you've anything from 5* to eir b and b

Sold lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Another vote for Ennis - The County Boutique, Chez Marie, Willow, Freya, Breda's, Cornucopia etc plus Nozomi if you want fabulous (and expensive) shoes and Glitzi Bitz if you want fabulous (and very affordable) fascinators, evening bags and costume jewellery. In the Tesco shopping centre there's a boutique called G9 which is also worth a look.
    There's several other independent boutiques whose names don't come to mind right now, plus a Pamela Scott store and a ShoeRack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

I'd have to agree with Ennis. I'm from there but live in Dublin. For any occasions over the past few years, I've searched all over Dublin for clothes, but end up getting them in Ennis within an hour of searching! Cornucopia, Willow and County Boutique are my go-to shops, but there are lots more too. Stay in the Old Ground hotel, lots of great restaurants and pubs around town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,862 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Henrib wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've a few family weddings coming up (close family) and am going to go for a night away with a friend looking for outfits. Someone has suggested Wexford for boutiques or up North Newry or Cookstown.
    Anywhere with a few nice independent shops and an excuse for a road trip!

Any suggestions? TIA

If you want to go north skip Cookstown and go to "The Linen green" just outside Dungannon. Lovely little place to stop and shop and get some lunch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement